Ski Canada - BC

Mount Washington Resort Reviews

Visitor reviews for Mount Washington Ski Resort

• April 16, 2011
    from Canada

Hey Mt. Washington, if you want to show your appreciation save the pancakes and open the Boom. I'm lazy and hate walking. The frontside was truly amazing yesterday, a perfect April pow-pow day, more like mid winter:))))))))

• April 07, 2011
    from Canada

I went on the blizzard day (March 4th) and it was awesome!!! It was actually my birthday and it was so fun to be caught in a huge storm!! Thanks mother nature!

• March 26, 2011
    from Canada

I sure see a lot of bitching and not a lot of ripping.... where on the island.. where all baked n chill and we go shred . Anyone bitching go curling or stare at a wall and shut up.. our biggest problem has gone and things are getting back to normal ... so cut the mountain some slack, be grateful for what we got or move to Ontario and ride all the lifts from 9 a.m sharp. If you can't rip don't duck ropes.

• March 17, 2011
    from Canada

What is the world coming to!

What on earth do they think they are doing up on that mountain? Man, not running the chairs in hurricane force winds? Pff, pansies. And how dare they not have the lifts dug out on the outback at 9am after a huge dump? Plus, could you please extend your towers? I'm tired of having to pay attention to clearances in this record breaking season and think when I ski or ride the chair... just make sure you do it at night so I can ride first chair at quarter to nine!

Why can't I rip all the black terrain first thing in the morning in the middle of a 2 meter storm cycle? What's with that? There's not actually avalanches on Vancouver Island - those crown lines all over the place? Well I'm sure those are just wind formations... Like those full grown trees snapped off at the bottom of the slide paths, that happens all the time! It has nothing to do with massive avalanches. No way! How come you close obvious terrain traps anyways? You know what - I better let those frozen guard-people know all about my rude opinions on how things should run.

And what's up with all these fall line skiers? Don't you know that traversing is the new skiing? Not only do I get to tell my buddies that I "rip" double blacks but I get to ruin all the good skiing for those who can actually ride the terrain!

Don't even get me started on the grooming- I cannot believe that Lintons has moguls on it when it's snowing an inch an hour. How am I ever going to get my carve on? And why isn't every single blue run groomed every day?

Plus the food! All you can get in the Alpine Cafeteria is cafeteria food! And all Sushi-mon has is Japanese! And guess what they sell at the Hawk Dog Stand? That's right! Why can't I get a proper new york steak in the Coffee Shop? Man...

Then there's the staff- All trying to be friendly and helpful. Helpful my eye! I asked a parking lot attendant what DIN my bindings should be set at, what the backcountry stability forecast was and how many people where riding the Sunrise at that moment and he didn't know! Utterly incompetent.

And you know who's fault the roads are? No, not the Provincially contracted highways service provider - No, No. The ladies in Altitudes gift shop are the ones to blame and to once again hear how it should be done from my unerring perspective.

They should fire everyone and hire me. I'd do a much much better job!

• March 15, 2011
    from Canada

Not sure I agree with a lot of the negative stuff posted but I'm glad to see people expressing their opinions. And even though a business doesn't really want negative reviews it's that dialog that will help the mountain keep improving. For me I just love being there. I’ve been up about 20 times so far this season and if I didn't have to work it would have been a lot lot more. Maybe it's because I've just discovered the hill and how amazing boarding is but I've no complaints about our local mountain. When I think about the distance that people travel, (costs for that travel, airfare especially) but accommodation and meals too, I am enthralled with only being half an hour away. I’m content riding the front side while waiting for the Boom. Hopefully people will direct their feedback in person as has been suggested...maybe while waiting for the Boomerang to open :)!!!

• March 13, 2011
    from Canada

Just read final posting by an obvious ski paroller. Instead of listening to peoples postings and taking them into consideration or pleasantly explaining situations or reasons for actions taken, he or she arrogantly tells posters to suck it up or go elsewhere. This is the exact arrogance and attitude that I think really pisses locals, it's not waiting for openings or avalanche control, it's attitude towards the people who have been skiing the mountain and the back side long before the Boom chair existed.

• March 13, 2011
    from Canada

I love the mountain and all the snow. I have spent 20 years skiing Whistler. Many, many days during and sometimes after heavy snow the alpine has remained closed due to excessive snow or fluctuating temps, safety first always. I prefer it when the Boom is not open until 1100 giving ample time to ski out the rest of the mountain first. This being said, there are things about management and retards on the road that are very, very frustrating:1. there are 4 chain-up areas for a reason, use them.,stuck on the hill backing up traffic is not the place to put hem on, extremely inconsiderate, really really stupid. 2. update snow report at 09 00 and get it right; many, many days report says 5 cm only to have a foot or visa versa, how hard is it to measure snow. 3. have no real complaints about ski patrol as it is their job to keep all of us safe and it is their necks on the line, they maybe a little over the top but that is their job. What I do have a problem with is the lack of information or should I say misinformation. I have found some to be very helpful and informative, others have a very poor attitude and are not informative. How hard is it to call up slope safe friends at the top of Boom and give some sort of estimate or useful info to those waiting. 4. like I said, I have no problem waiting for Boom to open, in fact, I like it, but when avalanche clearing has been done and we are still waiting1-1/2 hours because maintenance has not cleared the road or bottom of chair that is unacceptable. We all know when the snow is coming there is a 6 day mountain forecast. Think maybe mountain could be more prepared. Should be pros at dealing with large amounts of snow by now. Management, if you want to be big mountain, as you seem to think you are, act big mountain. Like I said, love the mountain, love all the snow, not usually a complainer but it can be very frustrating at times, especially the total tools who drive the road. Play safe.

• March 07, 2011
    from Canada

I was up there in the blizzard on Friday (March 4th). I was well prepared for the winds... which was probably the worst part of the day (didn't see the main chair open due to winds), and they stopped an hour early when it was really picking up. But overall, wow... it was amazing powder everywhere. Really haven't had so much fun in a long time. I do prefer a nice clear day after a good snow fall... but just make the most of what you got, and you'll easily have a good time. Making great use of my sixpak of tickets this year... thanks Mount Washington.

• March 06, 2011
    from Canada

Say what you will, just having the Boom chair is a fantastic plus. The delayed opening or no opening on deep days is ok too. Ski out the front just in time for the Noonerang to start the fun anew. For a little mountain there is some big snow. Very powderful this season indeed.

See ya at the bottom.

• March 03, 2011
    from Canada

*Thank-You Mt.Washington and everyone involved to make it all happen!! *Absolutely Fabulous!! ~To all the rest of you who write in and complain,whining and snivelling about how your not happy with organization, planning, preparedness, timely reports, weather, etc., etc.,....give yourself a slap in the face or ask someone to do it for you!! Learn to appreciate this awesome privilege we have and be thankful there are so many lower paid alpine loving staff and volunteer support that make- it- at- all -possible! On behalf of myself and thousands of others, Thank-You Mt. Washington, for the many years of immensely enriching our lives!*