Ski Canada - BC

Mount Washington Resort Reviews

Visitor reviews for Mount Washington Ski Resort

• February 06, 2010
    from Canada

It's almost funny that Cypress Mountain has to fly snow in by helicopter, and we're almost at 400 cm. The snow has been wet this year, with quite a few days where the morning was fantastic (20+ cm), but by afternoon, it was a mess. But at least we have snow... The Eagle chair has to be dug out at the top again or else we drag our skis in the snow... I do notice bigger crowds, so, ignore my comments, it's a terrible mountain, don't go there (I want it for myself).

• January 17, 2010
    from Canada

Day Pass way too expensive at Mount Washington and it was overcrowded. Would be nice if there was another ski resort nearby to stabilize prices and thin the herd!

• January 06, 2010
    from Canada

Mount Washington is a great mountain, the food is a bit expensive but you can just bring your own anyways. The terrain park is really nice this year. The Boomerang is always great when they get new snow but it can sometimes get pretty rough near the bottom when there isn't much new snow. Most of the liftys are really nice at Mount Washington. A couple of days ago it was "sing to your lifty day" down at the Sunrise chair and then by the end of the day it was "Let your lifty sing to you" day.

• December 31, 2009
    from Canada

I am a freerider from Quebec and let me tell you that Mount Washington is the best place I have boarded so far. I love the local atmosphere, the temperature is perfect, the service is good, the snow is actually snow not friken iced, the food is perfect. If you don't like it, just blame your wife. The stay is comfortable and again if you don't like it, get a better hotel. Again, if you prefer rednecks over flashy high maintenance tourists, and if you prefer local quiet atmosphere, then you'll find your soul in that mountain. Again, don't listen to me and don't come to Mount Washington as I want it to stay the way it is.
    I love riding, I love this island, Enjoy the snow all.

• December 16, 2009
    from United States

I think the positive comments must be from paid staff! I thought the negative reviews about management etc at Mount Washington were just from the whiners so came up for a 4 day vacation. Boy was I dissappointed! Pretty obvious that the management are aware that they are the only game in town. A black eye on an otherwise fantastic hill. Accommodation kinda sucked as I thought I staying at a hotel but turned out to be a apartment building that has rented suites. It appears that it is all about greed, get as much money from us and supply as little services as possible. Staff (other than in the bar) were absolutely great. Conditions at Mount Washington were fantastic with deep powder and when I had a bad fall ski patrol were right there to help. New management with a better attitude will make this resort one of the best.

• December 11, 2009
    from Canada

Just got back from a day on the slopes at Mount Washington. Great groomers- too bad not much new snow lately, but you can't fault "management" (seems to be the current complaint) for that. Everyone seemed to be doing their job well from the lifty's to the first aid patrol who helped that poor woman on WhiskeyJack. My son's complaints are that the snowboard park plays terrible music... but he calls the jumps "sick". I assume that's good. Worth the drive up from Nanaimo.

• November 08, 2009
    from Canada

Dust off your boards, break out your 'snowkorles', this is going to be the season of your cookie cutter lives at Mount Washington.

• April 02, 2009
    from Canada

Mount Washington is very special and it is fantastic. I could think of little things to quibble about but really, why would I want to? I think the groomers and all the staff have done a terrific job this year, especially considering the low snowfall at first. Thanks to all.

• March 13, 2009
    from Canada

Hat's off to the grooming crew at Mount Washington this past week. With no new snow and cold temperatures, I was impressed with the effort to keep the skiable runs in shape.

Excellent work by the lifties this year. Your smiles and helpfulness are appreciated.

My only gripe is the lift line mazes (at Mount Washington). Please make sure that the merge points are separated and the line widths only accommodate what the chair can seat. Unfortunately we, the public, are like cattle and don't like getting into the uncomfortable situation of telling that group of chatting ladies that it was our turn to go. And if me and my Buds appeared to butt through, I'm sorry. I'll try to talk less and pay more attention.

• March 10, 2009
    from Canada

The lift guys do an amazing job at Mount Washington. Geoff and Jordan are awesome on the Hawk, as always it's the few who spoil it for the rest.
    Think guys before you ski/ride.
    Mount Washington is a great mountain, come and enjoy it.