Ski Canada - BC

Mount Washington Resort Reviews

Visitor reviews for Mount Washington Ski Resort

• March 13, 2010
    from Canada

The snow at this mountain (Mount Washington) has been light and dry as of late. The best part: you can ride the outback, Sunrise chair and Poma lift for free.

• March 10, 2010
    from Canada

So for everyone who is commenting on the ski patrol and boundaries

1. yes the boundaries are closed but can be accessed through back country access points. The reason for this is uneducated, unequipped people are attempting to ski in expert, un-patrolled, un-controlled terrain. Not only do you endanger yourself but the partol who have to come out and rescue you.

2. the reason for the boom not being open on time is because of avalanche control taking a bit longer on days when there is significant snowfall. Obviously, you do not understand the risk of avalanche especially on a year like this.

suck it up and ski or go somewhere else

• March 04, 2010

Two things:
    First-Mount Washington has a number of idiot skiers and snowboarders who love to traverse any good lines. Ski fall line already and stop ruining the skiing for the rest of us!
    Second-Patrol can be annoying but the boundaries are there for a reason and the only reason they got closed this year is because people were going o/b with no gear and no brains (see point one). Actually, if you talk to a lot of the patrol (particularly the avalanche guys) they're pretty friendly and have some good tips and knowledge. Just some observations from a "new" local.

• February 21, 2010
    from Sweden

Came back for a visit to Mount Washington with my countrymen who were training there. I don't understand why the owners haven't changed the managements attitude. Vancouver Island really needs another ski resort to provide competition. Day passes have gone up a lot since my last time here and not much has changed to show why. The food is still bad for a higher price, accommodation is only 2 star at best. I was able to stay and eat in Courtenay and take a taxi up to the resort and back and still save money! The snow was great and the new work they have done on the glading is good. Probably the best cross-country terrain I have seen. They really need to put in a new lodge like the one at cross-country and get rid of those mega garbage containers that are right out front.

• February 20, 2010
    from Canada

I have been riding this mountain (Mount Washington) for three years and have friends with 28 years of shreddin'. Now we have this ski patrol that has closed all this great terrain for some reason. Everyone I talk to wants them off the hill. We don't like you. And the Boom not opening till 11 most days, that's just unreal. I come to ski the good stuff not wait and wait and wait. Mount Washington is a great mountain but some people are ruining it so if any managment reads this fire him and make your local island riders happy.

• February 16, 2010
    from Canada

Ridden a few mtns over a dozen years and mt.wash (Mount Washington) for 3yrs+..mt wash. needs +200cm base to open the 7.5/10 black.ish <> back and trees. xheavy pow on the regular ..bill me premium $ for base lifts, crazy intersections on oversupplied grooms, and retarded queue managment are reasons I go away more.

• February 06, 2010
    from Canada

It's almost funny that Cypress Mountain has to fly snow in by helicopter, and we're almost at 400 cm. The snow has been wet this year, with quite a few days where the morning was fantastic (20+ cm), but by afternoon, it was a mess. But at least we have snow... The Eagle chair has to be dug out at the top again or else we drag our skis in the snow... I do notice bigger crowds, so, ignore my comments, it's a terrible mountain, don't go there (I want it for myself).

• January 17, 2010
    from Canada

Day Pass way too expensive at Mount Washington and it was overcrowded. Would be nice if there was another ski resort nearby to stabilize prices and thin the herd!

• January 06, 2010
    from Canada

Mount Washington is a great mountain, the food is a bit expensive but you can just bring your own anyways. The terrain park is really nice this year. The Boomerang is always great when they get new snow but it can sometimes get pretty rough near the bottom when there isn't much new snow. Most of the liftys are really nice at Mount Washington. A couple of days ago it was "sing to your lifty day" down at the Sunrise chair and then by the end of the day it was "Let your lifty sing to you" day.

• December 31, 2009
    from Canada

I am a freerider from Quebec and let me tell you that Mount Washington is the best place I have boarded so far. I love the local atmosphere, the temperature is perfect, the service is good, the snow is actually snow not friken iced, the food is perfect. If you don't like it, just blame your wife. The stay is comfortable and again if you don't like it, get a better hotel. Again, if you prefer rednecks over flashy high maintenance tourists, and if you prefer local quiet atmosphere, then you'll find your soul in that mountain. Again, don't listen to me and don't come to Mount Washington as I want it to stay the way it is.
    I love riding, I love this island, Enjoy the snow all.