Ski Canada - BC

Mount Washington Resort Reviews

Visitor reviews for Mount Washington Ski Resort

• December 08, 2008
    from Canada

If you're a dedicated winter sports enthusiast, you should be aware of local conditions at Mount Washington and be able to have fun regardless of the snow type, even if the snow is heavy.
    First ride up the Eagle. Coming over the crest and seeing the Georgia Strait sprawled out beneath you is wonderful. The sun almost blinding and your nostrils freezing as they flare in anticipation, you duck off into the trees and you're off. All you see is white and a blur of green and brown as the thrill of weightlessness takes over as you soar; it's going to be a beautiful morning.
    Throw in a few safety meetings, some toobin (c'mon, if you can't have fun tubing, there's something wrong), a few bevvies at the pub, and a lot of smiling staff. I call that a damn good day.
    Go Mount Washington.

• December 08, 2008
    from Canada

i just read some of the reviews and noticed that a lot of people are complaining about its lack of dining and shopping and services. Well, I can't speak for other people but I personally thought you go to a mountain to ski or snowboard. Maybe I'm wrong. Mount Washington is good as it is, we don't need more tourists to come and compare it to Whistler. Go there if that's what you're after. Come to Mount Washington to enjoy the snow.

• December 03, 2008
    from Canada

For the people who complain about Mount Washington, don't go. Vancouver Island is a small place, we are lucky to have any sort of Mt. They try so hard each year to have a great season and sometimes it doesn't happen. It's not like the employees wake up every morning and say " I wonder how bad we can make the Mt today" All I can say is give it a chance, just because you don't like it, doesn't mean other people won't.
    My opinion; Mount Washington is great so don't listen to all the reviews, you just gotta go and try it for yourself.
    Thanks.

• December 01, 2008

Mount Washington:
    I have skied this mountain since I was three years old. There seems to be a lot of yap about the management. This is a company with a lot of employees. Gossip and yap is bound to happen within any large company of any industry. I have had the pleasure to work with various different departments from the managers to co-workers and, all in all, everybody seem to all be there for one reason. To play in the snow. The Mount Washington true locals and staff are the best to know and ride with and I believe together they have created a warm welcoming atmosphere where everyone "knows your name"
    Cheers, have a seat in the pub after a day and Woody is behind the bar and Carla with be serving you. And Cliff will be telling his story of him and his friends epic day, just as you walk in, (insert your name) they yell.

• November 28, 2008
    from Canada

The snow can be heavy at Mount Washington but before 11 am it is almost always great (skiing in the heavier stuff will make you stronger anyways). Yes, the line-ups are long but only Sat, Sun and holidays. Yes, the food is hit and miss but bring your own. Yes, there are a lot of people for the amount of terrain but every year the mountain expands gladed areas and actual runs. Yes, the resorts in the Rockies have eliminated their terrain parks but Mount Washington keeps getting better. Yes, after a large dump not everything is freshly groomed. Did you ever rake your yard on a windy November day only to have it filled with leaves 10 minutes later? Think of that analogy the next time you are looking for cord after a 30cm dump. Who wants everything groomed on a powder day anyways? Love it for what it is: a laid-back mountain that gets over 30 feet of snow a year.

• November 06, 2008
    from Canada

I skied 60 days last season and 50 the season before at Washington. It is a small time, local style hill. The people are friendly, as are the staff. I have had no problem with management they all seem reasonable. The season of no snow they extended our seasons passes for the next year - very stand up thing to do!
    This is not Big White or Silver Star or Whistler, it is small time old school - I believe they are trying with what they have.
    The grooming could be improved, we get a lot of wet snow and once cut up it is nasty, why not cord it asap, it is probably $.
    They have lots of problems like everyone, but over all it is a great place with friendly staff.
    Of any places I have ever skied, you have the greatest chance of getting hit by another skier or boarder at Washington - keep your head up and if cruising the groomers watch for people blowing out of the trees and out on to the run at full throttle, especially near the Terrain Parks. Other wise a fun place.

• August 28, 2008
    from Canada

I worked for the resort. Here are the facts, the mountain is super-dope, the snow and can be great, can also be icy but that is the same for every resort. Unlike every resort the Wash gets an annual average of 10.5 meters, the inbounds terrain will kick most other resorts and the views are so spectacular it makes me want to vomit. Plus Vancouver Island is undoubtedly one of the nicest part of Canada. And the best part is David Hasselhoff loves Mount Washington!

• May 19, 2008
    from New Zealand

The snow at Mount Washington is superb and the ticket checkers exceptional (especially Dave the sexy kiwi from the sunrise chair). Worth a visit for sure just avoid Feb in my opinion as conditions tend to be icy and frozen rain has shut the mountain from guests getting frozen to the lifts.

• April 07, 2008
    from Canada

We have just finished our first ski season at Mt Washington and have to say, as a family, we had a fantastic season. How the staff can deal with all the snow is incredible. From the ski school to the lift handlers, they always had a smile on their faces. I do admit that the food services, in particular Fireweeds, do lack in food quality but the servers were always helpful. My family and I will be back again next year. We are also planning to visit the area this summer.

• April 01, 2008
    from Canada

I have nothing but fond memories of Mount Washington.