Ski France

La Plagne Resort Reviews

Visitor reviews for La Plagne Ski Resort

• February 18, 2008
    from United Kingdom

Just returned from Aime-La-Plagne with my family, children aged 10 to 16 and friends with children aged 7 to 16. This was my children's 7th week on skis. They thought the skiing was excellent, if a bit "intermediate" but with enough black runs to give a challenge each day. The adults in our party loved the wide swooping blue & red runs on which you can easily get round the resort. Aime-L-P is a bit soul-less, but the MGM where we stayed was spot on, with the swimming pool & spa a great way to sooth those aching muscles & knees. Piste map is pretty awful, but once we found the way back to Aime-L-P via the Chambery side of the mountain - avoiding the afternoon bottlenecks in Plagne Bellecote & Plagne Centre - the seemingly out of the way location of Aime-L-P was no longer an issue. We will definitely return to La Plagne, especially once the link to Les Arcs is repaired.

• January 24, 2008
    from United Kingdom

7th time to La Plagne, can't beat it. Going again in March.
    Try Dou du Praz restaurant at the top of Melezes chairlift...lovely lunches, excellent value.

• January 16, 2008
    from United Kingdom

La Plagne, where shall I start? Great views, great food, oh and amazing skiing from Plagne Bellcote to the glacier at the top (not sure about the name) with wide open but challenging runs for everyone of any ability and snow parks for the adrenaline junkies. I have been here for the last two years and it never gets boring. When looking for a restaurant to eat at go for the ones on the side of runs not by the top of a lift or the main ski school meeting place. These are usually the nicest, cheapest and more secluded from the rest of the restaurants.

• February 14, 2007
    from United Kingdom

Love La Plagne, so much skiing you really can't go wrong. Below tree line if weather is bad, up high if good! Lifts improved so much over the last couple of years the old bottle necks are not there anymore! ...... just can't wait to go back!

• February 07, 2007
    from United Kingdom

Echo what Jonathan has said about Les Coches, but my friends have a place in Montalbert and it, too, is a great centre for a holiday. You can enjoy plenty of skiing, particularly through the trees, with a Montalbert pass and there is a nursery slope with a free button lift. But you also have easy access to the entire Paradiski area and even a mediocre skier could get across to Les Arcs and back in the day. Not only is the village of Montalbert attractive but the people are particularly friendly - admittedly there's not a huge amount of night life but you can always make your own entertainment.
    I came back on Mon and there's been no fresh snow for a couple of weeks or more but the conditions are still good.
    Give it a try, I say.

• January 12, 2007
    from United Kingdom

My parents along with 2 friends have bought a property in Les Coches which is in between La Plagne and Les Arcs. I am a competent snowboarder and have been snowboarding now for over 10 years. I have skied many areas such as Flaine, the 3 valleys, Vars/Risoul, Lake Tahoe in America, Banff in Canada etc and in my opinion the Paradiski is as good if not better than all those areas. I have been twice now and I am going twice again this season in January and April. The area is huge with a wide variety of runs from beginner to extreme off-piste. Any thrill seekers should check out the north face of the Bellecote(with a guide) and also the off-piste down from the Roche de Mio towards Bellecote glacier, there are some excellent couloir and cliff drops as well as open bowls.
    In my opinion Les Coches is ideally placed. On stormy days the treelined runs of the Montchavin-Les Coches area are excellent. There are also some excellent off-piste tree runs down from the Dos Rond peak back into Les Coches. You can also easily get to the Piesey Vallandry area across the Vanoise express which also has some excellent treelined runs.
    From Les Coches it takes me approximately an hour to get to Arc 2000 and about the same to get to Plagne centre, these two higher resorts often have the best snow conditions when it has'nt snowed for a while. I must recommend the 2 glaciers for excellent views and skiing alike. The run from the top of the Aguille Rouge above Arc 2000 all the way to Villaroger (2000m descent) is a must for any intermediate or above.
    The 2 main snow parks are also excellent, they are very well maintained in comparison to other parks in French resorts. There is always music playing and also friendly, no pressure, competitionns held regularly.
    Night life in Les Coches is quite quiet. However, the last stop pub is always a good night out.
    My main tip would be to go in April as the snow conditions are always good contrary to popular belief and don't dismiss the smaller areas of Montchavin and Les Coches as your base of attack. Contact me at jonathanbullough111@hotmail.com if you have any questions that I may be able to answer for you.

• January 05, 2007
    from United Kingdom

Just returned home after a weeks holiday in La Plagne, we stayed in Belle Plange. It was excellent. We didn't have any snow whilst we were there but the conditions were still great. I am a beginner myself and had 5 3 hour lessons with the ESF, Wow!! These guys were amazing. So caring and helpful and had a lot of patience! Some of them were as young as 20 but they were all fantastic! The people I went with are skiers and have travelled far and wide but they all really enjoyed Belle plagne and will def be back!
    The food was great ,locals lovely and very friendly, local pubs also good Le Tete plays live music every night and was a good one for me!
    I had fun and will def go back now I am an experienced skier!

• January 02, 2007
    from United Kingdom

Just came back from spending Christmas in La Plagne. Don't believe the hype about the ugliness of the resort - I have seen a lot worse. Try to head up to the glacier for some awesome views. We found the locals to be very friendly and some pretty soft snow despite the lack of a big dump for a while. Only downsides were large queues for the telecabines and the volume of flat areas which aren't very boarder friendly. Be sure to try the bob-sleigh - it rocks!

• December 13, 2006
    from United Kingdom

We have been to La Plagne many times and can't fault the skiing. Both myself and husband have been skiing for over thirty years and have skied many many places including America and our 12/13 year old son has skied most years of his life. You cannot beat La Plagne, we know what we are talking about. It is so vast, super runs and the snow is always reliable being so high. We nearly always go with Silver Ski, who have all their catered chalets virtually on-piste and all with en-suite. Night-life is self made in the Chalets with a lot of fun with new found friends. We always go at Christmas, which is the best time, it is the beginning of the season, everything new and clean, nothing old and tired (including the chalet girls) everybody full of anticipation of a super season and generally an exciting time to be anywhere on the slopes. Plagne Centre is a bit on an eye-sore, but over the years it has got better and of course there is always some nightlife, you just have to find it. Go to La Plagne, you really won't be disappointed.

• December 04, 2006
    from United Kingdom

I have to recommend this resort to both skiers and boarders, of all standards. It's got awesome parks, a variety of runs, and you can never get bored! You never do the same run twice, its just so big, and then you have les Arcs as well. I went with my friends last year, and straight away booked for the same holiday again this year, can't wait! Who needs clubs with the great apres ski here, its all so well organised. The higher resorts are the best, and La Plagne centre is very handy for the lifts. Advice from me as a boarder, and my girlfriend as a skier, YOU HAVE TO GO!