Ski Canada - BC

Mount Washington Resort Reviews

Visitor reviews for Mount Washington Ski Resort

• February 14, 2016
    from Canada

I have been a night season pass holder for about 6 years or more now and this is the worst I have ever seen. They have closed the downstairs food area at night so now you have to get your food upstairs. I took a kid skiing on one night and the upstairs eating area was so full we had to carry our food downstairs. After helping ourselves to chilly in a pot with everyone digging out of and hopefully not sneezing or coughing into we carried our food downstairs, he almost slipped trying to carry his food and walk down steep stairs with ski boots, I spilled the super hot chilli all over my hands and had to keep going and try to help him at the same time. Afterwards, we went on the carpets again but were told to take off our skis as they had run out of anti freeze. Halfway up the lift stopped abruptly and because he was in boots not in skis he fell flat on his face. The lift operators were great running down to help him up and make sure he was okay but he could have been hurt over some antifreeze. We decided to try a different lift only to find that they were out as well. It made a great evening somewhat disappointing. We both still had fun but we left early and I have only been up a few times since and left early every time. The overpriced 'help yourself' food, the bathrooms at night when it is quiet are so filthy it is gross and no paper towels every time we have been up. Plus the lack of grooming makes for a less fun experience. I went day skiing once but won't again this season as the lines were way too long and there was no where left to sit in the lodge at lunch. I hope things improve or I will spend my time and money elsewhere. Last week my friends and I went hiking instead of skiing and we were biking a few weeks ago and tonight instead of skiing I am writing this review. Skiing is just not the same when you feel liket he owners don't care about their guests.

• February 12, 2016
    from Canada

Have to agree with other posts, been skiing here since it opened and have never seen so little grooming, except for Littons. The east side of the mountain has been forgotten; not a great endorsement of management or owners.

• February 11, 2016
    from Canada

My family has been skiing at Mt. Washington for years. Each year we have watched the quality of service go down; poorly groomed runs (when they actually groom them), higher prices for food in the eateries, grocery and liquor store cut to almost non-existent and prices in the gift store sky rocket with very little selection. We are a captive audience on the Island. If only we had somewhere else to go to get our ski fix! This year, with new owners, we were excited. The staff seemed happier, there was a general air of "yeah, these new people know how to treat skiers, perhaps people will flock back to the hill and us property owners will finally see people wanting to buy into the place". Oh well, maybe next year. Unfortunately, all the people who decided to stop boycotting the hill did come and try it this year and went away unhappy as it's hard to pay the high prices for the quality they are getting. Oh well, maybe next year.

• February 11, 2016
    from Canada

Skiing on family day was not only pathetic but unsafe for the public, with clumpy wet snow. Ungroomed runs were awful, seeing once a year skiers (half price) wiping out painfully on ugly moguls. I wonder how busy the ski patrol were? What happens is the few groomed runs very overcrowded, collisions imminent. Our new ownership gave us hope...four seasons, luges, zip lines, mountain biking. What a joke. Take care of winter..the rest will follow. Listen to the people, their complaints are rampant. I am very disappointed.

• February 07, 2016
    from Canada

It is Saturday evening on family day weekend. The parking lots are full and the village is buzzing with activity. We went for a night ride and the slope conditions were horrible. We took the tubes to the Yellow chair and the green runs were very uneven. As we rode up the Yellow we were stunned with the lack of grooming. It was obvious that many visitors were beginners and they were struggling with the bumps (moguls). Whisky Jack run was super deep bumps, Coaster only slightly better and although the Terrain park grooming was only okay, it was in the dark. The light posts were there but the light wasn't.
    Do we have representation from the new owners here. Are they onboard with the lack of customer service that we are extending to our guests. I certainly hope not. These families are spending a big buck to be here and I would think that the management would go out of their way to make sure that these guests return. The price of grooming is not worth losing this clientele.

• February 06, 2016
    from New Zealand

Mt. Washington should win an award for the worse snow grooming in North America.
    They could win a free trip to Silver Star where they will learn how to groom a ski area.

• January 31, 2016
    from Canada

I have been skiing at Mt Washington since the third year after they opened. The operation of the resort this year is the poorest that I have experienced. My complaints are: (1) the mid-week pass was discontinued making a lot of the loyal clientele angry (2) very few runs are groomed. As well as making the skiing boring this packs a lot of skiers on the groomed runs and makes them unsafe (3) Boom only open 4 days a week. Mt Washington is charging top dollar and providing a poor product. In my opinion they are shooting themselves in the foot.

• January 29, 2016
    from Canada

So glad to have found this site. I was so pissed at the rip-off that was cancelling mid week passes after 30 plus years and screwing all their long term loyal customers. My family and I decided to boycott the mountain, but now that I've found this site and so many others feeling the same I would like to reach out to all those who feel the same way and start a class action suit for breach of contract. If anyone knows a lawyer who feels the same pass this on please. For now we can get this ball rolling on here then start a Facebook page to move forward and build. Let's show these new corporate Americans they have a social responsibility.

[note from the editor: it would be preferable if contact could be made via a e-mail address. Please provide this so interested parties can use it.]

• January 28, 2016
    from Canada

Time to groom more runs. Appreciate it eats into overheads but surely investing more in better slopes will bring more returning customers. And time to stop the laughable eyeball reports posted on here by Mt Washington. Great skiing all through the resort was a patent lie at the weekend. The glades and outback were unskiably hard and most of the grooms were ungroomed, cut up and had re-frozen.

• January 25, 2016
    from Canada

I couldn't agree more with the comments about the poor grooming and the limited opening of the Boomerang from Friday to Monday. What a joke. The sunrise chair does definitely need updating. I am glad that I didn't get sucked in to buy a full on pass when they eliminated the midweeker.