Ski Canada - BC

Mount Washington Resort Reviews

Visitor reviews for Mount Washington Ski Resort

• March 17, 2016
    from Canada

Say what you want about the so called whiners but they speak the truth about the poor grooming and other issues. At ninety bucks a pop for a regular day pass l expect better. Why do you think the numbers are down.The tribe has spoken! Wake up for next season.

• March 15, 2016
    from Canada

Well glad local spoke it how it is. Groom this groom that drag your
    fists like a gorilla rat, pump your brakes and eat some Frys, exercise your groomer thighs. Whine so much it melts the snow
    then pretend you're on a groomed rope tow. All
    in all, it's not so bad. I just came back from skiing 'dads dads'.
    Was sick and filled with bumps; I grabbed my skis and fluffed
    the pow, I did some turns with Fluffo the clown. We hit some airs and surfed the bones now all you whiners just head on home.

[note from the editor: some text edited as the sentence did not make sense.]

• March 12, 2016
    from Canada

I don't see many posts lately on Nordic grooming, so here goes. I would have to give the Mt. a C- for the season, trending downward. It seems that even a relatively small snowfall overnight creates huge problems both in the quality of the grooming and in the number of trails that can be made skiable.
    An example was Monday the 7th of March. Conditions were ideal, the resort reported 7 cm overnight, 10 in the last 48 hr. There were 34 K of 55k actually groomed, and 50% of that was subpar. This was on a day that had epic spring skiing potential. Oh, and the Nordic parking lot was nearly full, so the skiers were there.
    I've skied Mt. Wash trails since the resort opened, and can accept that heavy snowfall, freeze-thaw, rain, boiler plate etc can be valid reasons for grooming difficulties. On the flip side, these are the conditions that we live with. 30 plus years of experience, the right equipment, manpower and attitude should have already gone a long way towards solving the problems on difficult days.
    The most important thing that this Mt. has to sell is the skier experience on the slopes and trails. This is critical to developing new skiers and retaining the rest of us. Work to make the skiing the best that it can be and all the rest will follow.

from Canada

I saw that the mountain is closing midweek early this year on April 3?
    Kind of cheeky since they got rid of the midweek pass so they can stop being open Mon-Thurs in April, even though people had to pay for a full alpine pass this year. Like when they shut the Boomerang down midweek earlier this season. Sneaky! But I get it. New owners need to run the old machine for one season, so why spend the money when something new and shiny is on the horizon? Well, it better be.

from Canada

Attention Strathcona Parkway users. If any of you, your guests, friends, family or renters have experienced one or more flat tires as a result of a rock puncture from driving on the Strathcona Parkway, please invest in proper tires.

We drive up this road 4-5 times a week during various conditions and have had no issues.

from Canada

Not sure about all the gripe I've skimmed over but I have one thing to say for sure about Mount Wash: when it snows it snows! Who cares about the stupid carpets, or pissy vacationers and angry dads and rain clumps and grooming and poorly managed lifts and all the other whatnots. The mountain (with no help from top heavy management, but strictly geographically speaking) delivers, because even 10 cm of west coast snow is enough to cover ice and bumps and make you feel like a superhero on a trampoline. I've been on the mountain every season for 15 years and some were not as good as others but I'm stoked for all the different kinds of snow it gets and how much of it it gets. Maybe it's not for you if you are a soft core city slicker looking for an all around "vacation experience", but good riddance. If you're looking for a few amazing turns in deep snow then it's all there. Amen.

• March 06, 2016
    from Canada

For those who are interested: take a look at the live cam at Mount Wash. The groomer is broken down. We watched the groomer get out of his machine and walk up the hill. I guess the tube is out today. Poor families who drive up the mountain to treat their children on the tube hill. I drove up yesterday and did one run because almost all of the runs were not groomed. Very choppy and very dangerous. It must have kept ski patrols busy and perhaps lawyers, to come. I have skied many resorts in North America and Europe and this is the worst grooming I've experienced. Get it together guys.

• February 29, 2016
    from Canada

This season is weeding out the whiners.
    I just read a bunch of reviews.
    It's a skiers mountain not a food court. Take your whiny attitude back to Victoria or go ride a T-bar on Mt. Cain that almost has no grooming. Typical human behaviour! Just suck it up,
    Lucky to even ski during what was supposed to be a wash out.

• February 17, 2016
    from Canada

As a customer who continues to return year after year, even when conditions aren't ideal, I offer the following observations. The grooming is excellent when there are ideal snow conditions; when it rains all day at night it's adequate. Perhaps a run closed during the day and a groomer cleaning it up a bit might help with the night skiing. Overall, there hasn't been any real noticeable difference and it doesn't matter how many cats you have or don't have available skied out is skied out.

I do know they are down a few machines and I hope they can run with less as the cost is enormous and this will undoubtably reflect on the price of a season pass.

I enjoy skiing mid week when the traffic is less and wonder why the Boomerang chair gets closed. Just last week I enquired with the lift worker and he informed me it was because of numbers. Really so do I get a discount for that day? Or should I ask for my money back? Seems like an odd way to run the place but what do I know? It was starting to clear up and the conditions had begun to improve; not sure who makes those decisions. As a customer, the continued on and off with no solid reason makes a pass to Whistler and the road trip seem like a better value. Can't really blame the new owners as they have inherited the current leadership and are likely to make positive changes after a solid performance review .

• February 14, 2016
    from Canada

Are there any other people out there who were promised a 50 percent discount on their 2016 midweek passes from the mountain only to be told that they cancelled the midweek. Therefore, you would be paying for a discounted full pass which works out to what would have been a full mid week even though you never use the mountain on weekends and holidays?