Ski USA - Oregon

Timberline Resort Reviews

Visitor reviews for Timberline Ski Resort

• January 16, 2009
    from United States

I recently bought a Subaru and got a free Fusion ski pass. I hadn't been to Timberline is years (10 or so) and what a nice surprise to see the improvements they made. The snow was awesome, the people great and no lift lines. Unfortunately, this recent string of gorgeous weather means no new snow on the mountain. Looking forward to more snow and a long ski season.

• January 02, 2009
    from United States

I've ridden lots of different mountains between Whistler and Tahoe and T-Line (Timberline) is definitely my favorite. For starters, the parking lot is too small for the resort. So as long as you get there early, you'll never have to deal with the crowds you would at Meadows. I almost always get fresh tracks somewhere.

The people working at T-Line are always helpful and stoked. The people riding T-Line always seem to be very cool too. I've had very few problems with people's park etiquette - which is usually where I've seen problems arise at other resorts.

I rode T-Line about 30 times last year and the only time there are issues with crowds is when there is a park competition and people are bussed in. That only clogs up the park but you'll always be able to find open runs elsewhere.

Palmer and The Mile runs don't open too often but I think that is too be expected with how high they are on the mountain and how bad conditions are up there. Plus it makes it all the more magical when you do get to take a run from up up there.

Three biggest complaints are 1. Trail at the bottom of Pucci to get to Floodo's is super flat and results in having to avoid Pucci terrain. 2. Hard Coffee drinks are way too expensive. 3. The guys at board check seem to move as slow as the tectonic plates (but it's free so I can't complain too much).

T-Line is doper than dope. Keep up the great work fellas.

• December 24, 2008
    from United States

T line (Timberline). Terrain is not the best, but the terrain parks are ultra fun; Floodo's has offered up some trees which we needed. But Timberline takes the cake as far as the culture goes. That's why I ride there. People are cool and usually stoked, unlike many experiences I've had at another resort.
    I've witnessed 3 fist fights in one day at 'Meadows', people heckling strangers from the lift and pretty much a generally bad feeling from many of the folks that ride there. So yeah T line... way laid back.

• November 20, 2008
    from United States

T-line rocks.. it's a little flat but if you know how to board and you wax every ride you're fine. Last year I went 50 times and every day was pow, pow. T parks are sick and there's a pool outside to cheeoo timberline best and you can board ski bowl at night then sleep in the car and board T line next day.

• November 18, 2008
    from United States

The only complaint I can make is that Palmer and Magic Mile were closed on the last day of summer because of the weather. Too much snow?

Even with it closed that day, I was able to get in runs in June, July, August, September, October, and November.

With my last day done two days ago (15 Nov 08), it makes it a 12 month season for me here in Oregon.

The lift ticket were so inexpensive, I felt like I was putting my hand into someone's pocket at Timberline and pulling out twenty dollar bills.

Short or non-existent lines and no breakdowns along with happy and helpful lift operators made my day.

• November 17, 2008
    from United States

The 07-08 season was awesome! I love Timberline. We must have been up there about 40 days total and can't wait for the new season to start up. The new trails are wonderful.

My only complaint about the lifts for me had to do with the time they shut down during the week days. With no night time skiing during the week, they close around 3:30 or 4 PM (give or take) which seemed kind of early when it wasn't getting dark until around 6 or 7 PM. As for not having lifts open, I understand about not opening Majic or Palmer for safety reasons.

There was an event in January where the power on the whole mountain went out. It was night time and I was stuck on the Pucci lift in a blizzard! The wind was really whipping and causing the chair to sway while my son and I hung there waiting. The Timberline folks immediately took action which included lining the entire length of the lift with people and flashlights about every 50 yards. The emergency generator cranked up and we were moving within 10 minutes or so. They decided to close early that night and gave us two complimentary lift tickets and free rentals that are good for 2 years.

It was clear that the staff was doing the best they could. Lets face it, you're up on a mountain...whatever could go wrong just might. So you have to take the good with the bad. My philosophy is that any day on the mountain is a good day!

Once again, cudo's to the crew at Timberline! See you in a few....

JCL

• November 12, 2008
    from United States

In regards to "Ron's" comments... I was "working" at T-line, day Flood'o went down (Jeff's express) Longest someone was on lift was less than 1 hour... 26 + degrees, 5-10 mph wind.

Palmer does not run in the winter (from Late March to Early November) once the "lower" hill opens, Palmer closes (insurance reasons)... Only time Storman's is closed is...1)weather...2)Mile is open...Pucci is a slow 2 person chair, and as such, if Stoman's and/or Flood-o is open Pucci is not...

T-line will open as many lifts as is "humanly possible" but the weather dictates what is open...

Best bang for the buck around.

JMO

• November 06, 2008
    from United States

Ever since Timberline opened Jeff they seem to think 'since we've opened up so much more terrain we only need to run 2 lifts (Jeff and Molly most days) and we can still charge the same as if we were running all 6!'. Last year rode Timberline 12 times, never once saw the Mile or Palmer open. 2 times Pucci was open, 1/2 time Norman was closed. One time we were stuck on Jeff for 2 hours in the open with 30+ mph wind around 20 degrees and had to repel off. They got the repel rope hung up on the chair and my nephew 1/2 way down had to climb back up to the chair snowboard and all! Nice! They offered us some hand warmers for our near frost bite conditions. Raised a fuss and they gave us each a voucher for a free meal at the Cafe. There are a lot of flats between runs with choke points and the noobs get stuck there all the time, and since they wont open pucci all the noobs are over chokin the trails on Jeff. When pucci's not running can't access the terrain unless you want to hike out. I'm seriously hoping they fixed the bleed out trail from the bottom of pucci to Jeff in the off season, would make a HUGE difference. Been riding Tiberline for 10 years+, depending on how many lifts they run (bruno doesn't count), it's directly proportional how good the day will be. Seems to me they should proportion ticket prices, just in the interest of fairness, cuz you never know until your there how many lifts they will actually run, the morning chair report online or snowphone is almost always wrong. Regardless, last year they had almost 900" of snow:)

• November 04, 2008
    from United States

Skiing from the top of the year-round Palmer snowfield to the bottom of the Jeff Flood Express is a truly awesome experience. It must be over 3.5 miles long! Nowhere on earth will you ski amongst such giant old growth trees and the view is among the most spectacular in the world.

• October 31, 2008
    from United States

Check out the new Still Creek Basin, its great! New lift also called Jeff Flood express it's the longest lift on Mt.Hood.