Helpful resort information to assist planning your trip to Timberline.
- Season opens25 Nov 2020
- Season closes29 Aug 2021
- Restaurants | Bars4 | —
- Nearest Airport Portland
- Nearest Train Station Portland
- Tourist Office Website
- Tourist Office Phone+15032723311
The terrain at Timberline includes:
- Terrain Parks1
- Ski Hire—
What's it like at Timberline resort?
The venerable Timberline at Government Camp at the 6,600 foot level of Mt. Hood (11,235 feet) has a 3,590 vertical and 1,430 skiable acres. The best World Cup national teams train at Timberline, in the summer. The resort has the longest ski season in North America. It has summer snow and closes around Labor Day for maintenance and then Timberline reopens for almost a whole year.
Latest photos from Timberline. View all photos at the Timberline gallery page.
Explore Timberline Location Map
Interactive Timberline trail map and piste map. View the piste and trails as well as the surrounding terrain and mountain contours for backcountry action. Find and compare nearby resorts by clicking on the resort markers.
When's the snowiest month to visit Timberline?
What's the snow currently like in Timberline?
A summary of the current snow conditions in Timberline. View more information on the Timberline detailed snow report page.
- Piste Condition:Packed powder or groomed snow
- Off-piste Condition:—
|Upper snow depth:||109 cm|
|Lower snow depth:||95 cm|
Visitor Reviews of Timberline
Joe le Taxi from United States writes:
I'm a fan of Timberline. Everybody who works there is super friendly and there is never a wait to catch a chair. The Magic Mile can have amazing snow when the conditions are right. It is very exposed, so not always open ... but when it is... wow! The mountain is kind of lacking in steep terrain, so if you're looking for a steep mogul bowl go elsewhere. But if you want the best snow in the area, friendly staff, and no lift lines, don't overlook Timberline.
Resorts close to Timberline
Discover ski resorts near Timberline. Click below to view there ski resort guides.
- Latest WebcamMt Hood MeadowsLast Snow: 19 cm Thu 26 NovLifts: 11Trails: —5 km away
- Mt Hood Ski BowlLast Snow: 18 cm Thu 26 NovLifts: 9Trails: 825 km away
- Cooper SpurLast Snow: 11 cm Thu 26 NovLifts: 2Trails: 1013 km away
- Latest WebcamHoodoo Ski AreaLast Snow: 20 cm Thu 26 NovLifts: 4Trails: 31103 km away
- White Pass VillageLast Snow: 2 cm Sat 28 NovLifts: 5Trails: 32147 km away