Visiting Mt Bachelor
Helpful resort information to assist planning your trip to Mt Bachelor.
- Season opens21 Nov 2020
- Season closes23 May 2021
- Restaurants | Bars8 | 4
- Nearest Airport Redmond, Roberts Field Airport
- Nearest Train Station Chemult
- Tourist Office Website
- Tourist Office Phone15413827888
Mt Bachelor Features
The terrain at Mt Bachelor includes:
- Terrain Parks5
- X-Country56.0 km
- Ski Hire—
What's it like at Mt Bachelor resort?
Mt Bachelor is one of the Pacific northwest’s largest ski areas and is right next to the city of Bend. Every type of terrain is available at Mt Bachelor and the runs follow the natural contours of the mountain. The Northwest Express has opened up 458 acres of exciting terrain, bringing the total of skiable acres to 3,683. At Mt Bachelor there's cross-country and snowboard action too.
Latest photos from Mt Bachelor. View all photos at the Mt Bachelor gallery page.
Explore Mt Bachelor Location Map
Interactive Mt Bachelor trail map and piste map. View the piste and trails as well as the surrounding terrain and mountain contours for backcountry action. Find and compare nearby resorts by clicking on the resort markers.
When's the snowiest month to visit Mt Bachelor?
What's the snow currently like in Mt Bachelor?
A summary of the current snow conditions in Mt Bachelor. View more information on the Mt Bachelor detailed snow report page.
- Piste Condition:—
- Off-piste Condition:—
|Upper snow depth:||Tell us|
|Lower snow depth:|
Visitor Reviews of Mt Bachelor
Ben from United States writes:
From Eugene. I've skied Bachelor 5-6 times now throughout the season.
Here's the scoop.
1. Early season, when they say bring your rock skis, they mean it. It's a VOLCANO. There will be lots of little rocks everywhere.
2. Mid-season. Could be a bluebird. Could be 40 mile an hour winds that shut down a lot of lifts while dumping powder everywhere. If this happens, forget the summit (they probably shut it down), and head for outback or northwest. Visibility can be super tough with the high winds, so bring the right goggles for that crap.
3. Spring skiing. My favorite time at Bachelor. Start at Cloudchaser, then work your way from east to west as the snow melts into perfect corn.
Things I dislike.
1. Waiters are consistently rude.
2. My one card doesn't scan like 1/4 of the time.
3. Locals who try to cut in line for the summit chair. Yeah jerks. I noticed, and I wasn't having it.
4. The summit is shut down probably 2/3 times I ski there. You need a bluebird day with a ton of snow for it to be open. When it happens it's awesome. Carve on Beverly hills or practice to slip turn in the Pinacle or the Cirque.
Also, it is a long hike from the parking lot to Pine Martin. If you can, park at Skyliner.
Resorts close to Mt Bachelor
Discover ski resorts near Mt Bachelor. Click below to view there ski resort guides.
- Latest WebcamHoodoo Ski AreaLast Snow: —Lifts: 4Trails: 3150 km away
- Willamette PassLast Snow: —Lifts: 6Trails: 2950 km away
- Mt Hood Ski BowlLast Snow: —Lifts: 9Trails: 82147 km away
- Latest WebcamMt Hood MeadowsLast Snow: —Lifts: 11Trails: —150 km away
- Latest WebcamTimberlineLast Snow: —Lifts: 6Trails: 35150 km away