Helpful resort information to assist planning your trip to Kirkwood.
- Season opens28 Nov 2020
- Season closes25 Apr 2021
- Restaurants | Bars5 | 5
- Nearest Airport Reno
- Nearest Train Station Truckee
- Tourist Office Website
- Tourist Office Phone+1209258600
The terrain at Kirkwood includes:
- Terrain Parks2
- X-Country80.0 km
- Ski Hire—
What's it like at Kirkwood resort?
With a base elevation of 7,800 feet, Kirkwood is the highest starting point of any major resort in Lake Tahoe. Kirkwood catches the best snowstorms coming its way. There are 2,300 acres for skiing and riding and a new quad called the Cornice Express. Kirkwood has 110 condos within walking distance and 20,000 rooms at S. Lake Tahoe (studios through to 3-bedroom units.) No camper facilities.
Latest photos from Kirkwood. View all photos at the Kirkwood gallery page.
Explore Kirkwood Location Map
Interactive Kirkwood trail map and piste map. View the piste and trails as well as the surrounding terrain and mountain contours for backcountry action. Find and compare nearby resorts by clicking on the resort markers.
When's the snowiest month to visit Kirkwood?
Visitor Reviews of Kirkwood
Kim from United Kingdom writes:
I skied the spring of 2008. Chad Paeglows review of Kirkwood is very comprehensive so I won't go into much detail except to say:
1. It is phenomenally good value. Spring pass was 99 bucks.
2. Lots of the terrain is terrifying. Kirkwood is the place to sharpen you ski skills and learn to jump if you think you're an advanced skier. There are 100s of jumps ranging from Hollywood Hip, a rollover under lift 6 which pretty much any decent skier could hit, to Hospital, a 100 ft cliff drop that gets hit by a couple of maniacs per year on a big powder day. Most people should be able to find a few jumps of their level.
3. There is virtually zero apres-ski.
4. It's a short mountain.
Resorts close to Kirkwood
Discover ski resorts near Kirkwood. Click below to view there ski resort guides.