Visiting Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch
Helpful resort information to assist planning your trip to Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch.
- Season opens—
- Season closes—
- Restaurants | Bars11 | —
- Nearest Airport Zurich
- Nearest Train Station —
- Tourist Office Website
- Tourist Office Phone+41 (0)27 971 27 00
Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch Features
The terrain at Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch includes:
- Terrain Parks1
- X-Country10.0 km
- Ski Hire
What's it like at Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch resort?
Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch in Switzerland (in the Valais region) is a large resort with 12 lifts (2 chair lifts, 7 surface lifts) that offers skiers an incredible 2112 metres (6930 feet) of vertical descent. Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch has 11 pistes with a total length of 99 kilometers (62 miles). Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch is best suited to intermediate skiers and snowboarders but there is some terrain for beginners and advanced skiers. There are 10 kilometers (6 miles) of cross country ski trails at Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch. For snowboarders, there is a terrain park and a half pipe. A small proportion of the pistes at Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch are covered by snowmaking. The nearest airport is at Zurich.
Explore Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch Location Map
Interactive Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch trail map and piste map. View the piste and trails as well as the surrounding terrain and mountain contours for backcountry action. Find and compare nearby resorts by clicking on the resort markers.
When's the snowiest month to visit Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch?
What's the snow currently like in Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch?
A summary of the current snow conditions in Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch. View more information on the Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch detailed snow report page.
- Piste Condition:—
- Off-piste Condition:—
|Upper snow depth:||Tell us|
|Lower snow depth:|
Visitor Reviews of Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch
Graham from United Kingdom writes:
Before I went, I'd never heard of this place, so I didn't really know what to expect - but it was pretty darn good, and has everything!
It is a massive ski area that runs along the side of mountains. I stayed in Fiesch, a traditional swiss village in the valley at 1050m. We got a cable car up to Fiescheralp at 2200m, so there was tons of great snow, and from there there are miles of slopes that takes you to nice villages like Bettmeralp and Riederalp. It takes a whole day to ski from one end to the other and back. There is skiing for all abilities, although you have to be able to do decent blues to get along to Bettmeralp. There are a couple of blacks - one through a tunnel to start with!! It's scary at the entrance, but when you do the run, you'll wonder what the fuss is about (probably because once you've done the gently downhill tunnel you can't go back unless you want to spend 15 minutes going back up!)
Overall the advantages are:
- High elevation skiing, so no need to worry about snow
- Masses of runs that are included on the Aletsch ski-pass
- runs for all abilities - Bettmeralp is great for beginners
- A choice of where to stay. You can stay up in one of the mountain villages so you can ski-to-door, or down in the valley
- There is also a snow-park
- Amazing views across the Rhone valley, including the Matterhorn
- Some lifts were quite busy, but it was Feb half term
- Maybe not perfect for experts but there are tons of reds that are hard
- Lots of annoying French snowboarders!
For somewhere so unknown, the Aletsch ski area is fantastic.
Resorts close to Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch
Discover ski resorts near Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch. Click below to view there ski resort guides.
- Latest WebcamBettmeralp - AletschLast Snow: 5 cm Tue 29 SepLifts: 2Trails: 202 km away
- Bellwald / GomsLast Snow: 2 cm Tue 29 SepLifts: 1Trails: —5 km away
- Riederalp - AletschLast Snow: 4 cm Tue 29 SepLifts: 6Trails: 348 km away
- Belalp - Blatten - NatersLast Snow: 2 cm Tue 29 SepLifts: 2Trails: 2112 km away