Ski USA - Oregon

Spout Springs Resort Reviews

• Weather Forecast for Spout Springs at  m altitude issued: 9 am05 Dec 2016 (local time)
Ski USA - Oregon

Spout Springs Resort Reviews

UsSpout Springs

Use the buttons below to tell us…

Visitor reviews for Spout Springs Ski Resort

Ski Resort Rating: Rate Spout Springs

• February 28, 2011
    from United States

I advise everyone to avoid this place like the Plague. It is a small hill but has great snow: the problem is that it is run by idiots and most of the lifties smelled of weed. Not the people I want running the Lift. I showed up to ride powder which they had plenty of but an hour into the day the owner shuts down the lift that allows access to the non-beginner runs. The reason I was given was that there was not enough customers to keep it running. They were shutting down to give lifties a lunch break. That is just plain stupid. I'm sorry that they had few customers but that's not my problem. Nothing about the situation was mentioned as I purchased my ticket. I was talking to the owner, you would think that might come up. I had been to Anthony Lakes the day before and should have stayed and rode there another day. They did open lift back up after I complained, some punk know-it-all argued that all resorts close lifts to give the lifties a lunch break. Complete hogwash! I have been skiing/riding for 30 plus years and have never seen that done. Don't spend any of your hard earned cash at this podunk backasswards ski area. They will never get another penny from me again. I had planned on eating there before heading back home but opted for a mickey d's burger instead. I think they should do some drug testing where druggies are operating equipment that hauls the public. To the owner of this place, get some marketing help from some one that knows up from down. Unless you want your business to fade into history,

• January 20, 2011
    from United States

My family and I had a wonderful time at this resort (Spout Springs). All three kids successfully learned to ski while my wife and I enjoyed good food and a full bar.
    I would recommend this place to anyone willing to make the drive!
    The reviews say it is a small hill but it is the same size as any of the competition in the area (Bluewood & Anthony Lakes). Plus, it is the only one out of the three that is still family run. The two mentioned above are now, as of 2010-2011 season, run by state and county entities.
    Support local families.