Visiting Snowshoe Mountain Resort
Helpful resort information to assist planning your trip to Snowshoe Mountain Resort.
- Season opens24 Nov 2022
- Season closes26 Mar 2023
- Restaurants | Bars14 | —
- Nearest Airport Washington D.C
- Nearest Train Station —
- Tourist Office Website
- Tourist Office Phone+13045725636
Snowshoe Mountain Resort Features
The terrain at Snowshoe Mountain Resort includes::
- Terrain Parks5
- X-Country40.0 km
- Ski Hire—
What's it like at Snowshoe Mountain Resort resort?
Snowshoe Mountain Resort, in the United States (West Virginia State), has 14 ski lifts (11 chair lifts, 3 surface lifts) and boasts a respectable 457 metres (1500 feet) of vertical descent. Snowshoe Mountain Resort has 235 acres of terrain over 57 trails. Snowshoe Mountain Resort is best suited to beginner skiers and snowboarders but there is some terrain for both expert and intermediates. There are 40 kilometers (25 miles) of cross-country ski trails at Snowshoe Mountain Resort. For snowboarders, there are 5 terrain parks. All of the trails at Snowshoe Mountain Resort are covered by snow-making. The nearest airport is at Washington D.C.
Latest photos from Snowshoe Mountain Resort. View all photos at the Snowshoe Mountain Resort gallery page.
Explore Snowshoe Mountain Resort Location Map
Interactive Snowshoe Mountain Resort trail map and piste map. View the piste and trails as well as the surrounding terrain and mountain contours for backcountry action. Find and compare nearby resorts by clicking on the resort markers.
Snowshoe Mountain Resort Live Weather
|Resort||Snow Depth||Temp. (°C)||Wind (km/h)||Weather|
When's the snowiest month to visit Snowshoe Mountain Resort?
What's the snow currently like in Snowshoe Mountain Resort?
A summary of the current snow conditions in Snowshoe Mountain Resort. View more information on the Snowshoe Mountain Resort detailed snow report page.
- Piste Condition—
- Off-piste Condition—
|Upper snow depth:||Tell us|
|Lower snow depth:|
Visitor Reviews of Snowshoe Mountain Resort
DK from United States writes:
I was phoned by someone on staff at Snowshoe Resort when I first got into the Pedestal House. They told me the couch in the living room was broken and couldn’t be replaced before the end of my stay. She said she’d be refunding me $250. I contacted management (they replied only to confirm my $250 refund went through then subsequently ignored me) regarding the list of additional issues below. It was really disappointing and now even more so that I’m being ignored. I will never go back. This resort used to be “four star quality” and classy. Now it’s clearly just your typical overpriced motel-type service with zero customer service. Below are the issues I had. Don’t waste thousands of dollars and 30 hours driving round-trip like I did.
(photos available of the below items upon request)
- broken couch in living room - $250 refund promised, received
- other small loveseat in living room dirty and worn, not useable (the above two items left one single chair to use in the living room of a full cabin for the duration of the stay…one chair for a cabin that sleeps 6-8 people)
- fireplace knob hanging out of the wall upside down by one wire while the other wire was sticking out exposed (I called the customer service number at the mountain right away and was told to use the timer knob…that was hanging out of the wall - with electrical wires exposed - and not connected to the timer knob!!. I gave up explaining after the second try.)
- fireplace wouldn’t work at all without taking off the maintenance access plate and using the manual operation switch (had to secure the timer knob exposed wires so as to prevent shock and fire hazard)
- kitchen rug tried to kill me several times since in front of the fridge it slides on the floor like ice and none of the rugs had anti-slip mats underneath - being that they’re immediately next to the stone counter-top, they’re asking for a wrongful death suit
- really strange / creepy set up with a piece of carpet “blocking” access to the basement or vice versa, blocking someone’s access to me above - freezing cold air coming through and without access to the basement, serious security concern (a literal piece of carpet will not keep an intruder out - how do you people think this is acceptable in a $3k cabin at a ski resort?!?!)
- one tiny parking spot for a full cabin with solid ice down the 45 degree hill to the house gangway (no other access to cabin)
- living room floor gross/sticky in front of sliding doors two full feet across - cabin was clearly not cleaned
- dirt / trash on carpet just under edge of bed in master - again, clearly not cleaned or eve vacuumed
- foam perimeter seals on living room windows falling / hanging out in foot-long pieces
- kitchen and entryway floors very uneven to the point that I went underneath the house and inspected the foundation and pylons as a risk engineer out of safety concern. The entryway slopes down towards the gangway, and the kitchen floor slopes two other different directions, one side goes down toward the fridge on that side of the kitchen island and slopes down the other direction on the other side of the island (picture a gable roof with the kitchen island being the peak).
While one, maybe two of these things would pass for ok, I do
not feel I got what I paid for considering them all. I requested consideration for increasing the refund amount and was ignored even after I followed up twice. I have always loved the resort, this being the first time I chose a cabin over one of the lodges, but I was sadly disappointed with the experience. What a complete waste of a huge amount of money and huge amount of time. Don’t waste your valuable money and time like I did and then get ignored when you ask for help.
(note from editor: names not included in reviews.)
Resorts close to Snowshoe Mountain Resort
Discover ski resorts near Snowshoe Mountain Resort. Click below to view there ski resort guides.
- The Homestead Ski AreaLast snow: 10 cm Tue 19 AprLifts: 5Trails: 948 km away
- Canaan Valley ResortLast snow: 1 cm Sun 08 MayLifts: 3Trails: 3792 km away
- Timberline Four SeasonsLast snow: 1 cm Sun 08 MayLifts: 3Trails: 36102 km away
- MassanuttenLast snow: 13 cm Tue 19 AprLifts: 5Trails: 14109 km away
- Wintergreen ResortLast snow: 10 cm Tue 19 AprLifts: 6Trails: 19114 km away