Ski France

Samoens Resort Reviews

Visitor reviews for Samoens Ski Resort

• March 16, 2004
    from United Kingdom

Spent Mid Term in Samoens this year with a few mates. This is definitely a resort to watch out for.Great skiing and a lovley 'typical' alpine town. Had a fantastic time in a little Irish Pub just opened this winter called Coveys. Its a little off the beaten track but well worth finding. Friendly Irish staff, good music washed down with a nice pint of Guinness...I for one will be back next year!!

• February 24, 2004
    from United Kingdom

My wife and I and our 13 year old son spent half term week in a catered chalet at Samoens. This was our second skiing holiday. We all enjoyed it and were lucky to be there in the first season with the Grand Massif Express cable car in operation which was only a short walk from our chalet and quickly took us up to 1600m. We were a bit disappointed by the lack of green runs; even the green 'Marvel' run at nearby Marillon was long and beautiful but not particularly easy. In Samoens itself, there was only one large green practice slope with the rest all blue, red or black. We all managed the harder slopes with our ESF instructors guidance but struggled a bit when left to our own devices. Samoens is linked by chairlifts and ski runs to 4 other ski centres and is great for anyone with a bit of experience but I would not recommend it to a complete beginner. Needless to say, my son handled the skiing a lot better than my wife and I. The village of Samoens is small and traditional and would not be the best place for anyone looking for wild 'apres-ski' entertainment. There are plenty of good, inexpensive restaurants such as 'La Luisiane' which is good for pasta and pizzas and there is an outdoor skating rink and a small cinema.