Ski Canada - BC

Sasquatch Mountain Resort Resort Reviews

Visitor reviews for Sasquatch Mountain Resort Ski Resort

• March 28, 2012
    from United States

I visited Hemlock with a friend on Saturday, March 24 and I was pleasantly surprised. This place is a hidden gem of a ski resort. We hit bluebird skies, great snow conditions and no crowds. This resort has really fun terrain and skis, much bigger than the acreage would suggest. The runs are open and lightly treed with a fun mix of intermediate cruisers, powder bowls and a few easy green runs. I understand there are big development plans for the future. If so this place will be able to compete with Sun Peaks and Silver Star. On the down side, the access road is a little rough and the lifts are old but seem to be in good repair.

• February 13, 2012
    from Canada

We have visited Hemlock the last few weekends in a row and have found a variety of conditions. One thing no one has control over is the weather. We have seen 15" of glorious powder to well groomed fast snow and some flurries. Must say the staff and people we have met have been nothing but friendly. Then runs are not long but short if any lineups let you ski 'til your hearts content before taking a seat in the lodge. We will most definitely be back. Although the road has some gravel it has been in very good shape to travel each time we have made the trip. We will return and hope the weatherman brings sun.

• January 26, 2012
    from Canada

To another reviewer, get your facts straight. Sasquatch chair was closed on Jan 14 because of weather, the winds were blowing in excess of 70 km/h, that's why it was closed, and yeah, Red chair is a bit older so it sometimes gets closed for maintenance. If you waited 30 min to an hr you would have seen that it opened back up and same with Sasquatch. Hemlock has been getting more snow that most mountains in the valley.

• January 23, 2012
    from Canada

Sunday Jan 23/11: this is small, locally owned and maintained on a shoestring budget. Due to ever changing weather conditions the access road is the dbl black run! Be careful and carry chains if you dare to be without snowtires :(
    Great group of locals willing to share secret stashes. Great short vert runs with a cpl of old fixed lifets,1dbl,1triple.
    The area is bowl shaped and sometimes does have an issue with the wind, not Sunday! All lifts running and all peeps with big powder grins :) Closed Mon-Wed so plan on being there for Powder Thursday, and it's free for the ladies! Worth while visit.

• January 18, 2012
    from Canada

To another reviewer. We were also there on January 14th from 8:30am to 1pm. The weather was bad with zero visibility due to snowfall and heavy wind. I was on the last run of the day for Sasquatch around noon and it was blowing so hard it had to go up on slow speed. Damn, it was cold! Anyway, the ski club rode all morning, everywhere. Sounds like your timing was bad.

• January 17, 2012
    from Canada

Arrived on Saturday, Jan 14, for half day and got only 1 run in due to chair repairs shutdown on Skyline. Saskquatch was closed too. Those of us on the chair were told that the closure was due to maintenance. The public at the ticket office were told that the closure was due to "weather". Something needs to be done to provide honesty to mountain users about weather conditions, wait times (we waited 20 min for Skyline chair). We demanded a refund and got it - but only after driving up and going through the ordeal. Other users were only allowed a coupon and some were not provided with any compensation. Not a good day.

• January 15, 2012
    from Canada

My favourite mountain, of all the mountains in BC! and I have skied a lot of them! I have my roots here, so it always holds a special place. Other mountains may be bigger, or higher, or get more snow.....but believe me, once you get to know Hemlock, you will not want to go anywhere else! Great variety of runs, good snow conditions, and unreal views on clear days! not to mention, short lines = lots of runs! The chairs are outdated but that adds to the quaintness of the resort, and doesn't take away form the experience! Great little bar too, and very family friendly, I will be teaching my daughter to ski here next year! Here is to many more great years at Hemlock, come up, stay for a few days and you'll see what I mean! And pleassseeee get on with the expansion, but lets try and keep the same old vibe!

• January 13, 2012
    from Canada

To another reviewer, interesting that financial success of a given accommodation provider is discussed in this forum. Seems a little out of place. Also, your post seems like an add for "mountain accommodation".

• January 12, 2012
    from Canada

Surprised that you would publish commentary such as that read from "ski bum on January 05 2012". This person is obviously a supporter of the Snowflake & Hemlock Hollow accommodation providers and not of the veteran Mountain Accommodation Services which, by the way, is the provider of 25 years of accommodation at Hemlock and also the largest and only financially successful of the providers. Also surprised that you allow a commentary to say that the owner and operator of the resort is "stunned". It is completely unfair to the new resort owner who is spending lots of money and struggling through difficult times to keep a very quaint and enjoyable smaller ski area up and running. If your weather forecast was not so good I would erase your bookmark. Please try to keep your commentaries non-political and not so obviously promoting certain businesses.

[note from the editor: it is not our aim to promote certain businesses. Resort Reviews exists to allow opinion to be aired on various aspects of resort infrastructure and services etc.]

• January 11, 2012
    from Canada

I was out this morning (10:30 with Colin), and I just wanted to let you know how extremely stoked I am right now. I nearly bailed on coming out at all since I was coming up alone and I was nervous about the drive from Langley, and I'm so glad I didn't. I lucked out by being the only one in the lesson, and Colin was just awesome, especially considering it was my first time up. I unfortunately couldn't stay long today, but after my lesson this morning I would have stayed on the mountain until you dragged me off of it. I can't wait to come up again. Thank-you so so much!!

Cheers,