Visitor reviews for Mzaar Ski Resort Ski Resort
February 21, 2019
Lebanese shredder from Lebanon
Great slopes, great season 'til now. The parking complaints come from people who show up late and leave at closing time or even after. Hoping to see a bigger park and less technical issues and hopefully new slopes. The team tries its best, so does the administration.
Mzaar Ski Resort Ratings
Overall: 3.6. Based on 80 votes and 122 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Mzaar Ski Resort.
Public Transport: 3.2
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Mzaar Ski Resort, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Mzaar Ski Resort, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 3.6
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 4.1
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Mzaar Ski Resort.
Ski in/Ski out: 4.0
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Mzaar Ski Resort, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Mzaar Ski Resort is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Mzaar Ski Resort relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 4.1
(1) There are no snow groomers at Mzaar Ski Resort, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Mzaar Ski Resort are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Mzaar Ski Resort is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 2.7
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Mzaar Ski Resort, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 4.4
(1) Mzaar Ski Resort usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 3.6
(1) The staff at Mzaar Ski Resort are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Mzaar Ski Resort are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 4.1
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 4.0
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 3.7
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Mzaar Ski Resort has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Mzaar Ski Resort, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 2.6
(1) Not even a kicker at Mzaar Ski Resort, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Mzaar Ski Resort, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Mzaar Ski Resort has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 4.0
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 3.5
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 3.3
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 3.4
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 3.6
(1) Overall, Mzaar Ski Resort is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 3.7
(1) Overall, Mzaar Ski Resort is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
January 27, 2019
Za7loot from Lebanon
Slopes are great; everything is great but not on weekends and two days before any extreme storm.
January 14, 2019
snowlover from Lebanon
Resort is poorly managed. It takes forever to reach the parking at the bottom of the resort and it takes even more to get out of it.
Lifts are badly managed and in terrible condition. Most slopes are not open. They make you pay for both domaines Warde and Mzaar and they shut down the link between the two. Some lifts have technical error, and you might wait 1 hour or more hanging in the air for the lift to work again.
Safety regulations are quasi-absent and you feel that the resort didn't get an upgrade for ages.
If you are a European skier or used to world class ski resorts do stay away from this place.
January 12, 2019
Faraya skier from Lebanon
I used to be a Faraya lover. But now it is so poorly managed. They never open the slopes. Maybe they just don’t know how to run a ski resort.
Maybe it is has to do with this new name that nobody ever heard about: MZAAR or Kfardebiane. Come on guys give us back our ski resort
Everybody loved skiing in Faraya.
April 29, 2017
Skier from Lebanon from Lebanon
1. Slopes are amazing
2. Lifts need urgent upgrade
3. Parking places need urgent solution since you need 30 minutes on arrival to park and more than 1 hour to leave the resort
4. Tickets are extremely expensive
5. We don't care if it's Faraya or not. We come to ski. If you are not going to put everything back to needed standards as it was before the number of skiers will continue to decrease year after year. We will shift to anywhere. Laqlouq is quietly brilliant, Zaarour is so classy. I stop here.
Work on the resort before it disappears instead of replying on each comment "It's Kfardebian not Faraya".
I or we don't give a shit.
February 15, 2017
Zorgman from Lebanon
Traffic jam to get to the ski slopes' in and out' is horrendous on weekends. You can spend hours stuck in traffic. Parking is a mess with no organisation whatsoever and cars blocking others. The lifts on the slopes are old and outdated and often stop or are out of order. Lines to get to the ski lifts are very long and you have to wait in an absolute disorder with others stepping on your skis.
It is time for the municipality to take care of these issues and resolve them, instead of being preoccupied with whether the resort is named Faraya or Kfardebian. No one really cares about this trivial issue.
February 01, 2017
Melhem Sakr - Kfardebian from Lebanon
So, to continue as per your reply. What you understand about mentioning such words that are still posted amongst the reviews.
For accuracy any comment mentioning wrongly a village name other than Kfardebian when referring to ski & tourism activities in Mzaar, Ouyoun el Simane & Faqra region, should and must be banned or to correct the nomination and you can do this as you review all the comments by mentioning the true and correct location name which is Kfardebian.
[note from the editor: thank you for providing more information regarding the name of the area. I will look into this. Quotes from other reviews removed.]
January 31, 2017
Melhem Sakr - Kfardebian from Lebanon
i have seen below some comments that should not been published into your website aside if your morals & ethics match those of the publishers.
[note from the editor: the submissions in question (names are always excluded) have been included as sources of information about the area. As the editor, I was not aware that offence had been caused. Please do submit your own 'review' if you believe errors have been made.]
December 16, 2016
Jack from Lebanon
The ski season has just started in Mzaar Ski Resort. The snow has reached 60 cm of depth as of the 15th of December 2016 and still adding up. I recommend all skiers to enjoy skiing in Kfardebian especially that a new lift will be inaugurated this year. The lift is very close to the well-known Mzaar peak. I will keep the rest for you to discover. Enjoy Skiing.
April 07, 2016
Rikky from Lebanon
The main reason behind the reviews is to comment on Mzaar Kfardebian resort (in terms of ski experience, access, transport, scenery and accommodation) as it is well stated on the website.
If you need to argue on the resort naming or location you can easily check the geography and cadastral maps which all proves that Mzaar ski resort is associated to Kfardebian Village. Please refer to:
I had the chance to visit Kfardebian ski resort in February 2016. The snow quality was amazing and mostly all lifts in both domains: Lonction and Wardeh were open. I had the chance to try a new off-piste trail with my colleagues departing from Mzaar Peak towards Faqra with an elevation drop of 850 m.
Unfortunately, I have noticed that the ski season is now closed, but I surely recommend all skiers to visit the resort in the upcoming season.