Mont Tremblant Resort Reviews
1 pm 27 Oct 2016(local time) Weather Forecast for Tremblant at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Mont Tremblant Ski Resort
August 04, 2015
m comri from Canada
Mont Tremblant has lost its purpose and history. We stayed in a condo next to the hill; I could not believe how the area has fallen to late night drunks walking the streets and vandalism. Not a place to bring young kids or family.
During the day it has a lot of activities (expensive) but make sure your kids are in early.
I used to ski and hike Tremblant years ago, now not sure what we should call this area.
Mont Tremblant Ratings
Overall: 3.9. Based on 9 votes and 8 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Mont Tremblant.
Public Transport: 3.5
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Mont Tremblant, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Mont Tremblant, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 3.6
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 4.1
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Mont Tremblant.
Ski in/Ski out: 4.2
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Mont Tremblant, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Mont Tremblant is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Mont Tremblant relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 4.1
(1) There are no snow groomers at Mont Tremblant, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Mont Tremblant are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Mont Tremblant is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 3.5
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Mont Tremblant, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 4.0
(1) Mont Tremblant usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 3.9
(1) The staff at Mont Tremblant are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Mont Tremblant are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 4.2
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 4.4
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 3.9
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Mont Tremblant has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Mont Tremblant, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 3.9
(1) Not even a kicker at Mont Tremblant, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Mont Tremblant, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Mont Tremblant has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 4.1
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 3.8
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 4.0
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 3.3
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 3.8
(1) Overall, Mont Tremblant is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 3.9
(1) Overall, Mont Tremblant is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
November 04, 2010
B from United Kingdom
Went to Mont Tremblant in January 2010 with a friend and had a terrific time. Tremblant was so beautiful with some nice places to eat and drink. As I had not been skiing for a couple of years Tremblant was a great place to help me get back my confidence - returning January 2011.
January 30, 2009
G Hughes from United Kingdom
Had a great week's ski holiday in Mont Tremblant (Jan 7th); snow conditions were fab. Be warned that this early in the season it is very cold (-20 down to -30 and a bit was not uncommon). Did not stop us skiing all day from 10am 'till lift close at 3.30pm. But you did feel the cold on the lifts. Just wrap up warm and enjoy. The mountain is not that big compared to some alpine resorts, but there is enough for all levels to keep happy for a week.
The village is very pretty and prices for food and drink are not that bad compared to Europe with the current state of the euro against the pound killing us Brits at the mo. I would go back to Mont Tremblant at some point in the future.
December 21, 2008
helen taylor from United Kingdom
Mont Tremblant is a great resort with plenty of varied skiing for the family with different ski ability. My family's favourite run was Fuddle Duddle and Windigo. The weather was verrrry cold some days. e.g -26 but we kept on skiing so wrap up warm. We stayed at Blueberry Lake Resort in Labelle (20 mins away). What pure luxury; beautiful log homes with roaring fires and you don't even have to fetch the logs. Hot tubs by the house and a fab restaurant there too. Can't wait to return .
January 30, 2007
Ed Somers from United States
Great skiing, friendly people and a relaxing time. It was cold and windy, but this comes with winter sports. The microbrewery, Le Diable, served a delightful variety of beers and good food, all at an extremely reasonable price. We will be back next winter.
January 26, 2006
Kathie Phelps from United Kingdom
A fantastic resort for a short break. We found phoning and hiring condo really cheap and at least you can relax. The town looks a bit 'Disney' at first but there's more to it than the main street. There is a microbrewery, La Diable (yes,I know - Quebec french!) with great food and a choice of fabulous ales, pastry shops and a great cafe with lots of flavoured syrups for your coffee; try hazlenut and vanilla. Some art shops have amazing native painting, sculptures etc at a price, but what a find. Yes, it can be bitterly cold, but with the sun shining too. My goggles iced up on the inside and I brought us down the double-black-diamond run by mistake - oops! Scary - but a great feeling to have done it.
April 02, 2005
Tim from United Kingdom
What a fantastic ski resort, not as challenging as many alpine resorts, but very well prepared pistes.
Wrap up though it can get very cold -25 deg C is not unusual!
February 24, 2005
martyn and wendy rees from United Kingdom
Fantastic family resort. Excellent ski school and equipment hire. Extremely cold at times but never stopped us from skiing. Snow making machines keep the runs open. Friendly people without exception.
Moderate sized ski area but great variety for all levels for a week's holiday.