Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch
Snow Forecast 6 am 21 Jan 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch at 3332 m altitude issued:
Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Days 0-3 Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch Weather Summary:Mostly dry. Temperatures will be well below freezing (max -10°C on Sat afternoon, min -12°C on Sat morning). Wind will be generally light.
Days 4-6 Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch Weather Summary:Mostly dry. Temperatures will be well below freezing (max -6°C on Wed night, min -11°C on Tue morning). Wind will be generally light.
|Saturday 21||Sunday 22||Monday 23||Tuesday 24||Wednesday 25||Thursday 26|
|Summary||clear||clear||clear||clear||clear||some clouds||snow shwrs||some clouds||some clouds||snow shwrs||snow shwrs||clear||clear||clear||clear||clear||clear||clear|
|Freezing level (m)||900||1350||800||900||1200||1100||1250||1750||1750||1250||1700||1350||1850||2000||1400||1850||2150||1600|
- A well forecast sunny day and good snow will bring the crowds up from the fig below. It is Inferno day in Murren so there is mostly closed for normal skiing.
- the inferno race starts early this morning and finishes around 4pm. if you are not taking part, suggest you stick with the lower slopes. good luck to all those doing the race.
The above table gives the weather forecast for Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch at the specific elevation of 3332 m. Our sophisticated weather models allow us to provide snow forecasts for the top, middle and bottom ski stations of Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch. To access the weather forecasts for the other elevations, use the tab navigation above the table. For a wider view of the weather, check out the Weather Map of Switzerland.
Click here to read further information on freezing levels and how we forecast our temperatures.
Visitor Reviews of Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch
Graham from United Kingdom writes:
Before I went, I'd never heard of this place, so I didn't really know what to expect - but it was pretty darn good, and has everything!
It is a massive ski area that runs along the side of mountains. I stayed in Fiesch, a traditional swiss village in the valley at 1050m. We got a cable car up to Fiescheralp at 2200m, so there was tons of great snow, and from there there are miles of slopes that takes you to nice villages like Bettmeralp and Riederalp. It takes a whole day to ski from one end to the other and back. There is skiing for all abilities, although you have to be able to do decent blues to get along to Bettmeralp. There are a couple of blacks - one through a tunnel to start with!! It's scary at the entrance, but when you do the run, you'll wonder what the fuss is about (probably because once you've done the gently downhill tunnel you can't go back unless you want to spend 15 minutes going back up!)
Overall the advantages are:
- High elevation skiing, so no need to worry about snow
- Masses of runs that are included on the Aletsch ski-pass
- runs for all abilities - Bettmeralp is great for beginners
- A choice of where to stay. You can stay up in one of the mountain villages so you can ski-to-door, or down in the valley
- There is also a snow-park
- Amazing views across the Rhone valley, including the Matterhorn
- Some lifts were quite busy, but it was Feb half term
- Maybe not perfect for experts but there are tons of reds that are hard
- Lots of annoying French snowboarders!
For somewhere so unknown, the Aletsch ski area is fantastic.
Free Snow-Forecast.com weather widget for your website
The Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch skiing weather widget below is available to embed on external websites free of charge. It provides a daily summary of our Fiesch - Eggishorn - Aletsch snow forecast and current weather conditions. Simply go to the feed configuration page and follow the 3 simple steps to grab the custom html code snippet and paste it into your own site. You can choose the snow forecast elevation (summit, mid-mountain or bottom lift) and metric/imperial units for the snow forecast feed to suit your own website…. Click here to get the code.