Snow Forecast 8 am 28 May 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Bukovel at 1372 m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Days 0-3 Bukovel Weather Summary:Light rain (total 5.0mm), mostly falling on Tue afternoon. Very mild (max 15°C on Mon afternoon, min 6°C on Sun morning). Wind will be generally light.
Days 4-6 Bukovel Weather Summary:Heavy rain (total 24.0mm), heaviest during Wed night. Very mild (max 16°C on Wed afternoon, min 5°C on Thu night). Wind will be generally light.
|Sunday 28||Monday 29||Tuesday 30||Wednesday 31||Thursday 1||Friday 2|
|Summary||clear||clear||clear||clear||clear||clear||clear||risk thun- der||rain shwrs||rain shwrs||risk thun- der||rain shwrs||light rain||rain shwrs||some clouds||rain shwrs||rain shwrs||rain shwrs|
|Freezing level (m)||2950||3100||3400||3350||3250||3500||3500||3450||3600||3600||3700||3650||3300||3150||3050||2850||3150||3150|
The above table gives the weather forecast for Bukovel at the specific elevation of 1372 m. Our sophisticated weather models allow us to provide snow forecasts for the top, middle and bottom ski stations of Bukovel. To access the weather forecasts for the other elevations, use the tab navigation above the table. For a wider view of the weather, check out the Weather Map of Ukraine.
Click here to read further information on freezing levels and how we forecast our temperatures.
Visitor Reviews of Bukovel
Vadym from Ukraine writes:
The resort is always overcrowded. There are no other comparable ski resorts in the country and going abroad to Slovakia, Poland or Austria is complicated for Ukrainians due to cumbersome process of getting Shengen visa. Due to it, most of local skiers / boarders go to Bukovel. That makes it probably a very profitable business but results in a number of unpleasant things for the guests.
- slopes are just dangerous. While they are laid out, snowed and groomed like on every other resort (in most cases, well) they are always full of skiers. 10% of skiers, for various reasons, do not care neither for their own, no everyone's health and life. Some of them are beginners, some pro skiers but they go down like it were last downhill race of their life. The gentler slope, the higher speed. Because of speed and large number of skiers on the slope, this kind of racing leads to spectacular crashes, often against other non-suspecting skiers, resulting in bruises, broken bones and, frequently enough, fatalities. You might not see so many accidents on other resort in two weeks as you would witness in Bukovel in 2 hours. Helms are mandatory but they help little if some of the heads below are plain stupid. Bonuses: first aid and transportation from slope are free. Do not even consider police investigation or some compensation to be paid by culprit. Crash. Standing skier is sent rolling, the other, crashing from behind, too. "I am so sorry but it is a skiing". The offender puts on the skis and goes down, while the other tries to figure out whether the pain stems from a simple bruise or fractured bone. If you are an able bodied man and your skiing skills are reasonably good - you can risk it. If you are with children or loved ones, better not.
- queues. If you move to some remote lifts and stay there you might be able to avoid waiting times. However, be prepared to wait 15-20 minutes if you go to some of junction stations.
- traffic problem. While no popular resort is free of it, still be ready to cover 10 km of road in an hour amid exhaust fumes if you go in or out during 'rush hour'. Very little public transport is available.
- prices. A bit lower than in Switzerland, France or Austria but quite comparable. Ski passes can be bought half price in summer or early morning, while lifts are closed. Accommodation, in Bukovel itself, is very expensive (Aspen, Kitzbuehel or Val Thorens look shy in comparison), better to stay in a nearby village a couple of kilometers away.
- to cope with parking problem and trying to accommodate as many visitors as possible, a number of new parking places / hotels were built. As a result, previously picturesque landscape looks overbuilt and a bit dull. Some construction is still in progress.
If you happened to be nearby, love skiing, have an adventurous streak and want just to spend a weekend somewhere, without expecting too much, you can try it. If you are looking for a place to spend a vacation or go with children - better look somewhere else.
Free Snow-Forecast.com weather widget for your website
The Bukovel skiing weather widget below is available to embed on external websites free of charge. It provides a daily summary of our Bukovel snow forecast and current weather conditions. Simply go to the feed configuration page and follow the 3 simple steps to grab the custom html code snippet and paste it into your own site. You can choose the snow forecast elevation (summit, mid-mountain or bottom lift) and metric/imperial units for the snow forecast feed to suit your own website…. Click here to get the code.