Visitor reviews for Turkey Heliski-Ayder Ski Resort
January 22, 2010
TEKIN Küçüknalbant from Turkey
I am first skier on Mt.KAÇKAR since 1994. I am climb first day to Mt.Kaçkar summit with randonne ski from dilberdüzü plateau 2900m than back to Hevek(Yaylalar). Next day from Yaylalar than Ceymakçur pass 3300m. From here start to downhill skiing to Ayder, stop there (in 3 days nearly skiing from 3300m to Ayder 20km non stop skiing).
I am Turkis Alpinisim Federation(TDF) Administration member. Trainer instructor since 1979 to 2005.
I am drawing first All Turkey Mountains Map about Turkey mountains 1/25000 scale (since 1982 to 1985) with mr.Med. Dr.Bozkurt Ergör. He is organized all Alpinisim activity in Turkey and original founder of Turkis Alpinisim Federayion, Turkis Alpin Club,The Alpin Clun of Kayseri.
Also, I am climbing instructor, randonne ski instructor and Mountain Guideat TDF more than 1000 person teach from me this Climbing and randonne ski sport.
I am living in KAYSERİ city near mt. Erciyes.
I have on the road of mt.Erciyes Garden House for my visitors and my customer.
I am start all outdoor activity Tour from Kayseri or some activity city centrum.
I have messenger and who need any detail inform about all Turkey mountains I want to help. Please add me to your messenger list.
Turkey Heliski-Ayder Ratings
Overall: 2.7. Based on 3 votes and 3 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Turkey Heliski-Ayder.
Public Transport: 3.7
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Turkey Heliski-Ayder, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Turkey Heliski-Ayder, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 3.7
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 1.3
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Turkey Heliski-Ayder.
Ski in/Ski out: 3.3
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Turkey Heliski-Ayder, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Turkey Heliski-Ayder is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Turkey Heliski-Ayder relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 1.0
(1) There are no snow groomers at Turkey Heliski-Ayder, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Turkey Heliski-Ayder are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Turkey Heliski-Ayder is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 2.0
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Turkey Heliski-Ayder, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 3.7
(1) Turkey Heliski-Ayder usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 2.3
(1) The staff at Turkey Heliski-Ayder are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Turkey Heliski-Ayder are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 1.0
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 2.3
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 2.3
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Turkey Heliski-Ayder has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Turkey Heliski-Ayder, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 1.7
(1) Not even a kicker at Turkey Heliski-Ayder, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Turkey Heliski-Ayder, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Turkey Heliski-Ayder has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 2.5
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 3.0
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 3.0
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 3.0
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 3.0
(1) Overall, Turkey Heliski-Ayder is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 3.0
(1) Overall, Turkey Heliski-Ayder is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
February 07, 2009
Ali Taskin from France
I have seen many heli-ski areas. This area (Turkey Heliski) is made for heli-ski. The area offers all varieties and aspects that we need to have an excellent ski day. Turkey Heliski is well organized, professional and highly accurate. But the accommodation facilities need to be improved. If you don't mind having a basic and low cost accommodation at night and 5 star skiing during the day, you should definitely go there.
May 06, 2008
Mustaine from Turkey
I thınk it has to be first heli-ski center in Turkey. Just by looking at the snow forecast , I can say that snow conditions are perfect because this area is standing between a continental climate and maritime climate. This can lead to heavy snowfall. If investors could advance this area, especially in the Black Sea region, the ski tourism of Turkey will be developed.