(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Sjusjoen.
Public Transport: 5.0
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Sjusjoen, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Sjusjoen, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Luxury Hotels: 3.0
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Sjusjoen.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Sjusjoen is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
Regional rating: 5.0
(1) Sjusjoen usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Variety of pistes: 5.0
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Sjusjoen has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Sjusjoen, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Sjusjoen, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.