Helpful resort information to assist planning your trip to Kerlingarfjöll.
- Season opens—
- Season closes—
- Restaurants | Bars1 | —
- Nearest Airport Reykjavik
- Nearest Train Station —
- Tourist Office Website
- Tourist Office Phone+354-5254461
The terrain at Kerlingarfjöll includes:
- Terrain Parks—
- X-Country2.0 km
- Ski Hire—
What's it like at Kerlingarfjöll resort?
IMPORTANT: The Kerlingarfjöll area as is no longer open. The glacier is shrinking and is not skiable as the snow contains ash and dirt from earlier volcanic activity.
Explore Kerlingarfjöll Location Map
Interactive Kerlingarfjöll trail map and piste map. View the piste and trails as well as the surrounding terrain and mountain contours for backcountry action. Find and compare nearby resorts by clicking on the resort markers.
When's the snowiest month to visit Kerlingarfjöll?
What's the snow currently like in Kerlingarfjöll?
A summary of the current snow conditions in Kerlingarfjöll. View more information on the Kerlingarfjöll detailed snow report page.
- Piste Condition:—
- Off-piste Condition:—
|Upper snow depth:||Tell us|
|Lower snow depth:|
Visitor Reviews of Kerlingarfjöll
Terrrence Trow from United States writes:
The lifts have rusted, the snow is virgin, spring skiing via telemark - mountain equipment par excellence. The roads are difficult until mid June; conditions good until mid July. Terrain: difficult to reach, difficult to ski. The huts are heaven in a desert and the hostesses: inspiring?
Resorts close to Kerlingarfjöll
Discover ski resorts near Kerlingarfjöll. Click below to view there ski resort guides.
- SnjofellLast Snow: 14 cm Sat 18 JulLifts: 1Trails: 164 km away
- Latest WebcamHlíðarfjall AkureyriLast Snow: 1 cm Fri 24 JulLifts: 4Trails: 997 km away
- BláfjöllLast Snow: 3 cm Sun 24 MayLifts: 11Trails: 19154 km away
- Nevis RangeLast Snow: —Lifts: 12Trails: 351186 km away
- Latest WebcamCairngormLast Snow: —Lifts: 10Trails: 311208 km away