Ski Andorra

Vallnord-Arinsal Resort Reviews

Visitor reviews for Vallnord-Arinsal Ski Resort

• November 06, 2006
    from United Kingdom

As a family we've been skiing and snowboarding for 7 years. At first when my wife started to look at Arinsal I thought she was joking!! It's a shame about the transfer as it was around 4 hours long. When we arrived there was only a tiny amount of snow in the village. But this resort is great! I LOVE IT!!! The apres ski is fab I recommend El Cau for a drink (well we got there about 5.30 and didn't leave till 10) All 'round this resort is great!! Give it a visit!!

• April 01, 2006
    from United Kingdom

Got back yesterday. Snow's just about gone. It was +15 to +20 degrees C up the mountain each day. That said, I STILL enjoyed this break much more than ski holidays in Austria or the Three Valleys. Why? Here, for the price of a beer in happy hour at either other place, you get a round (2 Guiness, 1 Estrella, three vodka shots and a packet of crisps €12). You can sit down with the missus without worrying if you'll get change out of €50. The party really is a party where the 19 year olds don't seem to stare at you and you forget you're 50. In France and Austria £400 per person per week gets you a place where the choice of meal is Hobson's choice and sure, you can have a clean room, if you do it yourself. The towels have to last all week and you have to have wet boots each morning because you're invited to leave them in a damp basement cupboard (maybe I've always been unlucky). Here, in Arinsal, for the princly sum of €5 a day you get a large, dry locker, up the mountain, 20 meters from the lift (if they can do it, why can't everyone?). There's a new fast lift this year. No queueing in someone else's smoke or armpit here. Oh, the hotel, £325 got the Missus, the boy and me 4 nights in the Diana Park......bed made every day, towels changed every day, quiet, TV, minibar, swirly bath, dressing gown and slippers.......excellent baby sitter, choice of about six or eight things each meal......they could not do enough for you. You do not feel like you are paying to be a trespasser on their mountain. I know it's my second review, but even with poor snow, this place takes away your stress rather than making you feel stupid for being there.

• January 26, 2006
    from United Kingdom

I agree, the best place for learners - every way is down! If you're learning all week, stow your kit in a locker up at the station on your first day, and travel up & down the cable in your soft boots. The best apres ski anywhere, go self-catering and after your English cuppa with your feet up, hit those bars. Much cheaper than paying a hotel for indifferent food. There's at least three supermarkets. Snack bars and restaurants galore. A night bus is free up (and down, if you're lazy) the hill. Don't be put off by poor snow. If you buy your passes in Andorra, not from your tour rep, grab the local bus and go to Encamp. Catch the Funicamp cable car and ski in Grand Valira, a huge range just the other side of the country, all of 20Km away. Go in your soft boots, carry your skiboots and stow your shoes in a locker at Funicamp. Then return to Arinsal for a great evening out.

• February 04, 2005
    from United Kingdom

Great holiday in Arinsal just after the New Year, a few down side though, mainly the weather which was lacking a vital part of a sking holiday, namely snow!! Hotel great-Crest, warm, clean and welcoming though like all catered sking hols food aimed to fill an re fuel rather than win prizes. Would recommend but aim for a time when weather more predicable. Happy ski-ing

• October 20, 2004
    from Ireland

Family of four with two teenage boys. We ski'ed there in Feb 03, our first time skiing. The tuition was great, we all made great progress, skiing reds by the end of the week. Hooked on skiing after our week there. Highly recommended for anyone wanting to learn to ski.

• October 31, 2003
    from United Kingdom

I agree with Bob. I've never had disappointing snow, but on the rare no skiing days (high winds or fog) there's plenty to see and do in nearby Andorra City. While extreme skiers and boarders would find little of sporting interest, I think it's fair to say that beginners, of all ages, will find that if you can't learn here, you won't learn anywhere. Plenty of more challenging runs and off-piste is a gondola ride away in the sister resort of Pal (all covered on your lift pass). Very few lift queue probs and generally excellent banter on the slopes. Variety of bars to suit most tastes with very reasonable prices. In short, if you don't like Arinsal then you don't like snow sports.

• October 16, 2003
    from United Kingdom

Cracking little resort, i learnt to snowboard there 3 years ago and have never looked back, good schools and cheap prices in short i would recommend it to first timers.