Wolf Creek Ski Area Ski Resort Guide
5 am 26 Mar 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Wolf Creek Ski Area at m altitude issued:
Wolf Creek Ski Area
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Wolf Creek Ski Area Ski Resort Guide
- Acres of ski:1600
- Terrain Parks:-
- X-Country:10 km
Wolf Creek Ski Area is open for the 2016-2017 Ski Season! Located in southern Colorado on scenic U.S. Highway 160, Wolf Creek Ski Area enjoys the beautiful setting of the San Juan Mountains. The versatile terrain at Wolf Creek Ski Area includes 1,600 acres along a high alpine ridge serviced by two triples, two doubles, one quad chairlift and one magic carpet. Average snowfall at Wolf Creek Ski Area is 465 inches earning a reputation for "The Most Snow in Colorado."® No lodging on site but dormitory style lodging, standard rooms, bed & breakfasts, condos and cabins are available at both Pagosa Springs (23 miles west of the ski area) and South Fork (18 miles east of the ski area). We are 100% with 7 lifts operating from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. Come on out and enjoy the excellent conditions here at Wolf Creek Ski Area! Please check out our website WolfCreekSki.com for upcoming events and the most up-to-date information.
- Nearest Airport:Albuquerque
- Nearest Train Station:-
- Tourist Office Phone:+19702645639
- Tourist Office Website:www.wolfcreekski.com
- Slopeside accommodation:-
Announcements & News from the Wolf Creek Ski Area ski resort manager
• Wolf Creek is 100% with all lifts operating from 8:30am to 4:00pm; 7 days a week.
• All-Day, All-Mountain lift tickets are $66 adults, $37 seniors and $34 children.
• TODAY, Sunday March 26th is Local Appreciation Day! Lift tickets are just $44 for adults, $27 for seniors and $24 for children. Proof of residency not required!
• Venture Snowboards is at Wolf Creek TODAY, Sunday March 26th. Check out all of their newest and best gear available for demo today!
• 100% of the Nordic Track was groomed and track set TODAY, Sunday March 26th! We will be grooming the full track on a regular basis for the remainder of the season.
• Check out www.WolfCreekSki.com for details and the most up-to-date information on all our events and happenings!
Latest Snow Reportview full snow report
- Issued:26 Mar
- Last Snowfall:26 March 2017
- Snow Depth (upper):305cm
- Snow Depth (lower):270cm
Today’s Weather (3384 m)view full snow forecast
Wolf Creek Ski Area Location Maps
Visitor Reviews of Wolf Creek Ski Area
snowavedave from United States writes:
Rode Wolfy (Wolf Creek Ski Area) w/ 24"+ and the snow was gorgeous: light, deep, and fun. The top of the entire mountain is a great playground with easy hikes to sick terrain, anything from steep glades to fun cornices to gnarly cliff hucks. But after the first 600-800 vertical feet, it becomes quite shallow in pitch and there are tons of holes or "flat-tracks". Not such a big deal for skiers but boarders are constantly skating to make it back to the lift.
The glades below the rim can be fun if you keep your speed up, but considering they get the killer POW often you really have to work it, and there is no getting around the 'flat-tracks' to get you back to the lift. The Waterfall area is below the rim and has some great features but again, you will be skating or hiking out.
Great snow, some great terrain, but overall lacking in a consistent vert and steep pitch to keep you smiling from top to bottom, the smile fades the further down the hill you go (unless you drop into the Waterfall area, but then it fades quickly as you hike/skate out of a hole). Cat tracks should now go uphill, and several here do.
Not whining, just speaking as I find. Too much work to get out of runs, and if you don't hike the ridge it wouldn't be worth it IMHO.