Tryvann Resort Reviews
12 am 27 Feb 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Tryvann at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Tryvann Ski Resort
February 03, 2012
Hugo Leitao from Portugal
Tryvann is the main resort in the city of Oslo. It is a small resort with 10km of slopes. It is very easily accessible, since the subway goes from the city center up to the resort in just half an hour.
If you're going there for the runs, you will quickly be fed up, since it's small.
On the other hand, the resort has a good snowpark, for all levels and with 2 half pipes. You can spend hours in the park without ever getting fed up.
Conclusion: It's a good city resort, ideal for alpine ski/snowboard beginners and also for freestyle lovers.
Overall: 1.4. Based on 3 votes and 1 review. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Tryvann.
Public Transport: 5.0
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Tryvann, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
Cheap Rooms: 1.0
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Ski in/Ski out: 1.0
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Tryvann is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
Snow Grooming: 2.5
(1) There are no snow groomers at Tryvann, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Tryvann are groomed daily.
Nearby options: 1.0
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Tryvann, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Lift Staff: 1.0
(1) The staff at Tryvann are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Tryvann are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
Ski Schools: 1.0
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Variety of pistes: 1.0
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Tryvann has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Tryvann, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
Snow Park: 1.0
(1) Not even a kicker at Tryvann, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Tryvann, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
Mountain Dining: 1.0
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Ski Pass Value: 1.0
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (Global): 1.0
(1) Overall, Tryvann is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.