Pooladkaf Ski Resort
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Pooladkaf Ski Resort Ski Resort
December 01, 2017
Hamidreza from Iran
This ski resort has good facilities.
Pooladkaf Ski Resort Ratings
Overall: 3.1. Based on 47 votes and 18 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Pooladkaf Ski Resort.
Public Transport: 3.0
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Pooladkaf Ski Resort, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Pooladkaf Ski Resort, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 3.3
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 3.1
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Pooladkaf Ski Resort.
Ski in/Ski out: 3.4
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Pooladkaf Ski Resort, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Pooladkaf Ski Resort is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Pooladkaf Ski Resort relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 3.3
(1) There are no snow groomers at Pooladkaf Ski Resort, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Pooladkaf Ski Resort are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Pooladkaf Ski Resort is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 3.2
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Pooladkaf Ski Resort, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 3.3
(1) Pooladkaf Ski Resort usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 3.3
(1) The staff at Pooladkaf Ski Resort are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Pooladkaf Ski Resort are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 3.4
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 3.1
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 3.1
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Pooladkaf Ski Resort has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Pooladkaf Ski Resort, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 3.0
(1) Not even a kicker at Pooladkaf Ski Resort, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Pooladkaf Ski Resort, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Pooladkaf Ski Resort has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 3.3
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 3.0
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 3.0
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 3.2
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 3.0
(1) Overall, Pooladkaf Ski Resort is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 3.3
(1) Overall, Pooladkaf Ski Resort is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
January 01, 2016
Nick Argasi from Iran
I have to say it was great; as I had read all the reviews and was a bit sceptical about going there. At present they have a pretty good 4 star hotel with good amenities. Food and great rooms, that we got, had the piste view and it was pretty comfortable. The piste itself was also great, we enjoyed our stay there. I should also mention that the people were hospitable and we got a chance to go to Margoon waterfall and it was spectacular in winter. The prices are also reasonable. You can rent out or buy ski equipment there as well.
October 26, 2013
hamidreza from Iran
An excellent hotel and resort. Very good.
August 06, 2013
joe from Canada
Last year I watched Iran.The best city in Iran is Shiraz with a different sightseeing place. I watched Shiraz ski resort too. That name is Pooladkaf, this piste is not very enjoyable as it should. You know, it has just one line for skiing. This line is used for snowboarding too that make it very occupied. The hotel is not very bad, I mean it's not worst. This is as like as 2 star Europe hotel. The personel, I think, are local personel that it make theme really amature without any passing waiters course. Of course, this reason, I mean Pooladkaf can't influence in Shiraz interest. If you want to skiing,you've better to test other pistes in Iran. But if you wanna to be a real tourist go to Shiraz and enjoy it.
July 26, 2013
ali from Iran
Just rubbish. Very expensive and amateur piste! The quality of foods is very low, the hotel workers are so amateur and impolite. That was an powerful days that I was there! Pooladkaf is a big shame for Iranian skiers!
October 12, 2012
mehmat from Turkey
I was at Pooladkaf Ski Resort last week for 3 days. All the things are so nice such as giant hotel, ski piste, telecabin etc. The Iranian foods are so delicious that you can also find them there. I love Iran & I think the best ski resort in Iran or maybe in the middle east is Pooladkaf Ski Resort with the fresh and deep snow.
October 04, 2012
johny from Iran
I think the best private ski resort in Iran is Pooladkaf ski resort with the new 5 stars hotel, billiard salon, cheap rooms. In the last, the parking was not so good but now by the opening of the hotel, the parking also become so good. You can ski there at the advanced, beginner and intermediate level. I think everybody who enjoy ski or snowboarding should go there and experience. On the other hand you have not to pay so money because this resort is very cheap, especially for the foreigners.
The other thing that make this ski resort different is city Shiraz. That this city is the most beautiful city in Iran or maybe in the world with Persepolis & the gardens or Hafez, Sadi tombs (the poets) & the big mirror mosque & the museums.
I wish you will reach my experience. :-)
November 27, 2011
aliakbar owji from Iran
Fortunately, there was a good snow fall in Pooladkaf on last Tuesday. It was near 40 centimeters in bottom and more at the higher area of the ski resort. So we (me and my colleges) decided to go for ski to Pooladkaf. On Thursday 7 o’clock we departed from Shiraz toward Sepidan and then to ski resort. At 8:30 we were there. It was a shiny day with blue sky and very clear view of area with huge amount of snow in the ground. After eating breakfast I rented the skis and started to ski by going up the hill with ski lift and coming down. It was a very good time for us to practice ski and enjoy the nature and clean air.
It is predicted on next Tuesday night until Wednesday afternoon. There is a light snow fall, so we are thinking to plan a next visit of the Pooladkaf reigon.
The interesting point here is that in Shiraz where we live, there is a mild weather but 100 km toward northwest we have the beautiful Pooladkaf ski resort with severe weather.
I hope to have a very good precipitation in the area specially snow in Pooladkaf this year.
November 04, 2011
amir reza from Iran
These days are so good for the northern people in Iran & we're staying for snow till Monday, November 14, 2011 in Pooladkaf Ski Resort. But I guess Pooladkaf can't start this new ski season by this mass of snow. We should stay more that can ski there, maybe about 20 more days. I think Pooladkaf is the best resort for the people who enjoy to ski in a privacy resort with a 3 star hotel or luxury inn, top mountain restaurant, telecabin, tele ski, snowmobile.
September 30, 2011
Bozorgzadegan Amir from Iran
April 30, 2011
Bozorgzadegan Amir from Iran, Islamic Republic of
Usually I pass through Sepidan, Komehr, Kakan to Yasuj, then to Semirum by the road next to Dena ranges, then Shahreza, Isfahan and finally Tehran while returning from Shiraz.
On Thursday Apr 28th, I had the same schedule, but I could see only the snow ledges on Pooladkaf ski terrains with great silence & tranquillity upon the resort!
Fortunately, Koohestan mini family complex was active with it's tasty homemade foods as well as fresh trout kabab accompanied with sabzi- polo and sundries, plus warm welcome of the owner, Olavi's family.
Residency have some expansions by new building next to the entrance door and they have settled some tribes black tents
in the garden for those who like to test such kind of native residency (Ashayer life style)!
Amin, the owner is not happy so much, because of high expenses of raw materials, petrol, and totally prices rising, which is equal to reduction of tourist numbers!
Couple of kilometers after Koohestan inn before Kakan, there was a marvelous scenery of the hills in left side, covered with unlimited upset-tulips (lalehe vajegoon) next to the east Dena ranges.
The area around Dena in Zagross mountain, is fully green like north of Iran, with the river and different water branches.
Lots of snow were on north side of the ranges, remained for future facilities and equipments as a new ski resorts.