Passo Lavaze Resort Reviews
12 pm 19 Feb 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Passo Lavaze at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Passo Lavaze Ski Resort
November 23, 2009
Gianfranco from Italy
Passo Lavaz is well known not for it's downhill pistes but for the great net of cross-country trails, which are daily groomed and prepared for classic and skating style. More then 85 km of tracks split in 15 different pistes of all difficulties, for beginners to national teams training camps. Passo Lavaz is organized with changing rooms, showers, ski school, waxing rooms and waxing service, top ski rental, hotels, restaurants, typical huts along the tracks etc. 15 km. are prepared by a modern programmed snowing system. Passo Lavaz has a new 'Laser Biathlon' with laser guns rental.
Passo Lavaze Ratings
Overall: 4.8. Based on 1 vote and 1 review. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Passo Lavaze.
Public Transport: 4.0
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Passo Lavaze, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
Cheap Rooms: 5.0
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
(1) Passo Lavaze relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 5.0
(1) There are no snow groomers at Passo Lavaze, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Passo Lavaze are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Passo Lavaze is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 5.0
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Passo Lavaze, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Lift Staff: 5.0
(1) The staff at Passo Lavaze are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Passo Lavaze are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
Variety of pistes: 5.0
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Passo Lavaze has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Passo Lavaze, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 5.0
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
Winter Walks: 5.0
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 4.0
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (Global): 5.0
(1) Overall, Passo Lavaze is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.