Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Mount Baker Ski Resort
January 22, 2018
Jimmy jack from United States
All the hype has ruined this place. Not enough room to accommodate all the people. It is getting to the point they will be turning people around due to lack of parking.
Mount Baker Ratings
Overall: 2.8. Based on 67 votes and 60 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Mount Baker.
Public Transport: 2.2
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Mount Baker, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Mount Baker, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 2.0
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 1.6
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Mount Baker.
Ski in/Ski out: 1.5
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Mount Baker, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Mount Baker is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Mount Baker relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 3.0
(1) There are no snow groomers at Mount Baker, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Mount Baker are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Mount Baker is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 1.7
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Mount Baker, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 4.1
(1) Mount Baker usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 3.7
(1) The staff at Mount Baker are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Mount Baker are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 2.8
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 3.6
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 3.9
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Mount Baker has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Mount Baker, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 2.2
(1) Not even a kicker at Mount Baker, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Mount Baker, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Mount Baker has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 3.0
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 1.4
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 2.4
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 3.7
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 3.8
(1) Overall, Mount Baker is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 3.8
(1) Overall, Mount Baker is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
December 21, 2017
Dirty Donny from United States
This Mt is blown out; it is not what it was. You are lucky if you get two powder runs in and can find decent parking.
Go during the week.
November 21, 2017
Curt Winthrop from United States
Not worth the drive! Way over hyped, slow lifts, long lines, awful grooming. Go to Stevens or Whistler.
November 14, 2017
peter winterfeld from United States
Are you up to the challenge of a real mountain? Then Mt Baker is for you. And no lift lines. Once you find the mountain, you almost have the hill to yourself. Love the rainy days; best for sitting in the lodge with a glass of wine. Don't try skiing in the rain, your goggles will fog up and you have no visibility and I don't care if you have the most expensive goggles, you will not be able to see.
November 13, 2017
Greg from Canada from Canada
Wow, I could not be less impressed by a mountain. The snow quality is terrible and all the marketing in ski magazines will not help. Stay away and avoid wasting your time traveling out this far.
October 17, 2017
Mike Hunt from United States
This mountain is terrible. Tracked out run after 1 hour, Jerrys on two planks digging deep ruts, food gave me diarrhea from all the grease. The plus side is some jackass with balls bigger than Danny DeVito will drop a 100ft pillow line and you have the luxury of spectating.
Stay at your home mountain, don't come here. It's terrible; not worth the drive. Go to Snowqualmie; I hear the pow is legendary and endless.
April 12, 2016
local from Canada
Global warming has changed this mtn. from snow to rain on many days. When it does get a big day the management will call a "late opening" usually an hour or more wait in a long line up. Powder is gone in a run or two. Lift tickets are considered good value but a 10:00-3:30 day is not good value in my books especially after driving 3 hours. No line-ups in the rain though. The website snow report is a joke and rarely updated beyond 5am when it might have below zero temps. Try an independent site or be sure it is 25 degrees at 5am or it will be raining by the time you ski.
April 01, 2016
Peter Smith from Canada
Mount Baker is no good. Do not go there. Nothing good about that place. Now you know.
December 01, 2015
overit from United States
Ever since losing the terrain park if it doesn't snow it can be very boring. It's usually crappy concrete snow which is dangerous if you're trying to have fun. Bring cash so you aren't charged for every swipe. Watch out for deep ruts in the "freshly groomed" trails, wtheck man?
November 30, 2015
Jessie from Canada
Mt. Baker is a true skier and snowboarder's paradise. Challenging terrain, consistent deep snow, no BS. This is a real mountain for real riders, not your fancy fashion show. I have never waited more than 5 mins for a chair. Compare that to 30min line ups at Whistler. The food and service are great. And the price is unbeatable. So all you haters writing ridiculous comments, good, stay off this mountain. Might as well keep this gem to ourselves.