Ski Italy

Monte Amiata Resort Reviews

• Weather Forecast for Monte Amiata at  m altitude issued: 1 pm24 Oct 2016 (local time)
Ski Italy

Monte Amiata Resort Reviews

ItMonte Amiata

Use the buttons below to tell us…

Visitor reviews for Monte Amiata Ski Resort

Ski Resort Rating: Rate Monte Amiata

• January 27, 2014
    from South Africa

Skiers should be beware. There is a man-hole cover, with a concrete surround, near the end of the slope, just past the equipment shop. There are no flags or warning signs. Very dangerous if you don't see it and collide at high speed.

• February 13, 2009
    from United Kingdom

Monte Amiata was a friendly place. The Skiing is a little limited if you like lots of runs. However, the slopes were well looked after and there was plenty of off-piste skiing between the trees. We were skiing top to bottom flat out depending on run between 3-4mins. Although, when cruising on the snowboard with my friend, we would take between 10-15mins.

We stayed in a locally run chalet 200 meters from the bottom of the slopes at Monte Amiata, that saw us very well fed and looked after. If you are prepared to ski off-piste it is only a 50m walk up a drive way.

Food on the mountain at Monte Amiata was very good and very reasonably priced. 8 Euros 40 cent saw us with 4 very thick hot chocolates and 4 pastries.

I would recommend this area if you are looking for something a bit less mainstream than the Alps and just looking for a chilled out skiing holiday. You'll need to speak some Italian at Monte Amiata, unless, like with us, your chalet hosts help you out. Also if you want more than the Alps, wine tours are available (I don't recommend this, I would insist on it.) The hotel bar was relaxed, not too noisy, food was good too (we ate lunch there).