Chiesa Resort Reviews
12 am 24 Mar 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Chiesa at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Chiesa Ski Resort
November 03, 2010
Richard Chapman from United Kingdom
I have been gong to Chiesa for around 14 years now and have seen many changes. The resort is a small village, nestling in the mountains and is not a party place - it's real Italy!
The runs are picturesque, wide and varying in difficulty. The blacks are not overly long or challenging and in the height of season, it's still not the busiest of places. The locals are truly friendly.
The trip from Bergamo is easy by train, costs less than 20 Euros return and takes less than 2 hours.
Overall: 3.8. Based on 1 vote and 3 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Chiesa.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Chiesa, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Luxury Hotels: 3.0
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Chiesa.
Ski in/Ski out: 3.0
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Chiesa, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Chiesa is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Chiesa relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 5.0
(1) There are no snow groomers at Chiesa, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Chiesa are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Chiesa is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Regional rating: 5.0
(1) Chiesa usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 4.0
(1) The staff at Chiesa are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Chiesa are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 5.0
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 5.0
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 4.0
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Chiesa has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Chiesa, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 1.0
(1) Not even a kicker at Chiesa, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Chiesa, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Chiesa has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 4.0
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 4.0
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Ski Pass Value: 5.0
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 4.0
(1) Overall, Chiesa is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 5.0
(1) Overall, Chiesa is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
November 21, 2006
valodja from Czech Republic
...good conditions from the very START of the season :-) (till the end :-))
November 21, 2006
valodja from Czech Republic
I have been here just once - in late 2003/04 season. There was still about 80cms of snow and the pistes in the main part of resort quite in a good shape. Thanks to a classical Italian spring weather, the parts extensively exposed to sun suffered badly and at the end of the week (it was, I guess, 4th April or so) some of the pistes had to be closed. But we did a really big deal of nice skiing. There were approx 100-or-less people in the whole resort during the week, so plenty of space & sun. In 2005 some great improvements have been made(new fast cableways), so now it will be probably even better. Still, remember, a small resort. But good. With several long pistes of classical alpine parametres. Next or maybe even this season, I will go there...it´s still kind of a hidden treasure. Yes, in the willage at 1000m you will have no Val Thorens experience, but you´ll probably see real people living in the mountains, maybe some hen or goats on the southern meadows later in the season. Picturesque, but definitely worth trying. Yes, and there are some awesome trails for cross country. Mountain views are also very nice, in case of nice weather you will see Pic Bernina 4049m and you will realize, that Sant Moritz is just above the hill with triple prizes :-) And usually good conditions to the very end of the season (despite the not very high altitude).