3-5 Pigadia Resort Reviews
2 pm 19 Sep 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Vermio (3-5 Pigadia) at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for 3-5 Pigadia Ski Resort
March 10, 2012
zisis from Greece
Best kickers in northern Greece: 2 medium kickers (8m) and wide long and steep landings as they should be.. have fun!! Thanks to ground edit and zero gravity.
3-5 Pigadia Ratings
Overall: 3.8. Based on 50 votes and 15 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of 3-5 Pigadia.
Public Transport: 3.3
(1) There are no buses or taxis to 3-5 Pigadia, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near 3-5 Pigadia, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 3.9
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 3.4
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in 3-5 Pigadia.
Ski in/Ski out: 3.6
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at 3-5 Pigadia, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) 3-5 Pigadia is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) 3-5 Pigadia relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 4.2
(1) There are no snow groomers at 3-5 Pigadia, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at 3-5 Pigadia are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) 3-5 Pigadia is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 3.5
(1) If snow conditions are poor at 3-5 Pigadia, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 4.4
(1) 3-5 Pigadia usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 4.0
(1) The staff at 3-5 Pigadia are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at 3-5 Pigadia are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 4.0
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 4.2
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 3.8
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) 3-5 Pigadia has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at 3-5 Pigadia, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 2.8
(1) Not even a kicker at 3-5 Pigadia, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around 3-5 Pigadia, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) 3-5 Pigadia has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 3.6
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 3.1
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 3.8
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 3.5
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 3.8
(1) Overall, 3-5 Pigadia is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 3.8
(1) Overall, 3-5 Pigadia is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
March 08, 2012
JJ from Greece
One of the best ski resorts in northern Greece! I've been going there since I first stepped on my snowboard. Its Black piste is incredible and it is pure pow at the top making it ideal for backcountry snowboarding and skiing. The stuff may be a bit rude but I totally sympathize since I happen to witness the pure stupidity of some kids there.. Once they get to know you they even greet you by your first name! There is also a small snowpark with jumps, boxes and occasionally a rail! One thing you MUST try is the hot-dog at the lift bar..amazing after hours of boarding! Go and see for yourselves!
February 27, 2012
Eugenio from Spain
3-5 Pigadia is a nice and familiar ski resort, with just two worth-skiing tracks of about 1200 mts. The area has a great potential but the lifts are very old fashioned (more than 30 years old) and with very limit capacity. The road to the resort is also in poor conditions, and when snowing the efforts to clean it are also far behind the normal European standards.
The positive aspects are the stunning views and wild surrounding landscape, the very much affordable prices (fortfait, drinks, renting..), good parking area, artificial snow.
It's a pity that no one single euro has been invested in upgrading the lifts since decades, because the area could become the first ski resort in north Greece.
November 22, 2011
Alex from Greece
Just 2 slopes with length about 1.5km, a red and a blue. The red slope is wide and interesting.
It has also snow canons. Not good for off-piste skiing.
March 31, 2011
george from Greece
Vermio (3-5 Pigadia) is very nice but there are only 2 slopes.
December 13, 2010
Hary from Greece
3-5 Pigadia (Vermio (3-5 Pigadia) is a relatively good resort. It poseses a snow making system which is considered as a luxury in Greece. There are challenging and nice slopes (the best are Central Piste, Paradisos!, Louki and Filipos) but the chair lift is extremely old (installed at 1984). The surface lifts are good, although the top lift is old like the chair. So, if some more snow making cannons are added (20 exist now) and 2 of the lifts are changed (chair and 1), the resort could have European potential.
January 28, 2010
Victor from Canada
Except the beauty that has been given by nature to 3-5 Pigadia (Vermio (3-5 Pigadia)) and the considerable short but challenging slopes, the chair lift is extremely slow and the resort personnel is unbelievably rude!
February 16, 2009
vassilis from Greece
Vermio (3-5 Pigadia) is really the best ski center in Greece as it has the best slopes. It is ideal for advanced skiers and is considered to be the ski center for downhill athletes. Coverage with artificial snow is really needed but it is not handled ideally from the staff at Vermio (3-5 Pigadia). Unfortunately, it has not the best service from the people working there; needs improvement and also most of the lift-equipment needs to be renewed.
January 30, 2009
Elninio from Greece
Vermio (3-5 Pigadia) is the best ski center in Greece.
January 02, 2009
KOSTAS from Greece
Wonderful scenery and nice skiing.