Ski USA - New York

Thunder Ridge Resort Reviews

• Weather Forecast for Thunder Ridge at  m altitude issued: 12 am08 Dec 2016 (local time)
Ski USA - New York

Thunder Ridge Resort Reviews

UsThunder Ridge

Use the buttons below to tell us…

Visitor reviews for Thunder Ridge Ski Resort

Ski Resort Rating: Rate Thunder Ridge

• November 29, 2006
    from United States

Thunder Ridge is the biggest waste of time. Many locals feel it is a good place to learn to ski/board because its cheap and close, but in less then 40 minutes you can get to other ski resorts with inexpensive rentals, lift tickets, and much better beginner trails. The most important thing to remember is that it sucks to wait on a lift line, so why would you want to wait on a line every 3 minutes because each trail (all 3) only takes 2.5 minutes to get down. The other area ski resorts with decent trails and snow, i.e., Windam and Hunter get way too crouded, but there is one hidden that I'm reluctant to say but Jimney Peak just across the NY border in Mass. is the best. I have been a frequent visitor there for the past 12 years and I love the place. It sometimes gets a little crowded, but the park is pretty good, they have really easy to pretty difficult trails, and they have really cheap night ski tickets. Of course if I had the time and funding I would greatly favor Killington, Pico "Ungroomed!!" Sunday River, and for those kick ass wooded trails I love Mount Snow. Killington might be the best in the east because you can't get bored of it.