Ski USA - Georgia-USA

Sky Valley Resort Reviews

• Weather Forecast for Sky Valley at  m altitude issued: 12 am10 Dec 2016 (local time)
Ski USA - Georgia-USA

Sky Valley Resort Reviews

UsSky Valley

Use the buttons below to tell us…

Visitor reviews for Sky Valley Ski Resort

Ski Resort Rating: Rate Sky Valley

• February 03, 2010
    from United States

Very sorry to see Sky Valley go. I was about 9 when I saw the first pitiful "bunny" hill operating while the main hill and outstanding lodge were built. Dieter Bier and his charming wife had been brought overseas to oversee the place and provide character and expertise to this GA fledgeling venture. I've brought my children here before the sad demise and had a great time. Sure, the further north resorts were bigger and had better snow but Sky Valley was hard to beat giving convienence and childhood memories.
    Maybe I can convince some group to back a Full-Time Atlanta Ski-Hill with an all-season surface.
    Big group of ALT GA skiers you know...how odd?
    Chris Petty
    phyzics@comcast.net

• March 24, 2008
    from United Kingdom

As a ski writer who shortly (next winter) hopes to have skied every ski state in the USA (having just ticked off North and South Dakota, Missouri, Iowa and Minnesota) I am thrilled that Sky Valley has survived. Far from criticising it for its limited facilities we should rejoice that you're still open. It was closed in 1994 when Lucy Dicker and I passed through on our record breaking ski odyssey skiing 365 consecutive days of skiing. Nebraska, it seems has sadly given up the ghost, as well as Kentucky, but I will definitely be calling at Sky Valley next year when I also hope to ski Rhode Island, New Jersey, Ohio and Arizona, thus finally ticking off all 39 states with organised skiing!

• November 10, 2005
    from United Kingdom

We came to this resort from all the way across the Atlantic, expecting a very well organised skiing holiday. Upon arrival at the resort, we were faced with hardly any snow, low altitude peaks, and a very poor lift system; not the place to come 9 hours on a plane for, i think this ones more for the locals. Still, not bad for a weekend away.