Oukaïmeden Resort Reviews
5 am 06 Feb 2016(local time) Weather Forecast for Oukaimeden at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Oukaïmeden Ski Resort
December 16, 2014
Robert Miller from United States
Skied Oukaimeden in February 2014. Culturally interesting but conditions were poor. Great photo opportunities (that is me on the camel with the skis and skiing past the Berber village in the photo section). The mountain is significant and the chairlift ascends well over 1500 vertical feet. While the coverage was marginally decent given the location, it was sun cup city mixed with bullet proof crust. Occasionally, I would find some soft sunbaked cream. Locals say decent snow is rare. My wife blew her knee out about 500 feet from the top. Medical services, in Marrakech, are very reasonably priced but not exactly a reason to go skiing in Morocco. If you are into 'collecting' unusual ski destinations (e.g., skiing the African continent is on your bucket list), then give it a try. I doubt you will see a reason to ski more than one day or to return. Many posts about Chez Juju. I had a drink at the bar which was clean with a disinterested staff. The outdoor seating looked nice, good view of the resort. No idea why one would stay overnight given the proximity to Marrakech unless someone knows of some backcountry secrets that merit a longer stay.
Overall: 3.8. Based on 9 votes and 21 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Oukaïmeden.
Public Transport: 3.6
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Oukaïmeden, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Oukaïmeden, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 3.6
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 3.6
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Oukaïmeden.
Ski in/Ski out: 4.1
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Oukaïmeden, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Oukaïmeden is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Oukaïmeden relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 3.2
(1) There are no snow groomers at Oukaïmeden, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Oukaïmeden are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Oukaïmeden is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 2.4
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Oukaïmeden, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 4.5
(1) Oukaïmeden usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 4.4
(1) The staff at Oukaïmeden are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Oukaïmeden are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 3.8
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 4.2
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 3.9
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Oukaïmeden has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Oukaïmeden, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 2.1
(1) Not even a kicker at Oukaïmeden, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Oukaïmeden, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Oukaïmeden has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 4.0
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 2.6
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 4.2
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 4.3
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 4.5
(1) Overall, Oukaïmeden is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 4.3
(1) Overall, Oukaïmeden is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
February 27, 2013
Régis from France
Oukaimeden on the 19th & 20th of February 2013: 30cm of fresh snow during thé night and blue sky on thé morning. 10am up to thé top and perfect ski all day long!
Good stay " Chez Juju" with perfect food, good hôtel and friendly people.
Just try Oukaimeden: fantastic atmosphère.
January 23, 2012
krystofa from Ukraine
We are spending this week in Oukaimeden, in a nice chalet very clean with a lovely cheminey and dynamic staff. So you can ski and hiking too around in the berber villages. You can use this address the have more information email@example.com
January 13, 2012
Vicky from Morocco
Hello, there is a nice hotel : Chez Juju they offer several kinds of rooms, and the restaurant is very good. The e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org
December 26, 2011
hadler from Italy
I am looking for some chalet or room in this area. Could you give email address ? I will be in February 2012.
[note from the editor: this post will remain for a month or so. We hope you receive the information you need.]
December 10, 2011
Peter from Poland
I looking some chalet or room in this area. Could you give email address or skype id ? I will be in February 2012.
[note from the editor: this post will remain in place for a short time]
November 08, 2011
solange from Switzerland
Hello everybody looking for skiing and hiking around Oukaimeden (Oukaïmeden). In this area don't bother yourselves, not many accommodation especially if you look for a nice mountain chalet. There's one for rent, all of them is closed, this one is really very clean and fancy the staff are very kind.
www ihalocationoukaimeden com or idmossma@yahoo fr
Enjoy your time
don't miss because they do it very well
January 21, 2011
Mehdi from Morocco
I would like to know how far it is possible to own a chalet in Oukaimeden. Is there any contact to help for this?
Many thanks in advance,
[note from the editor: this post will stay in place for a short time]
November 16, 2010
thomas from Russian Federation
Hi sorry for my English, I want to tell people who like much mountain chalet ambience and good services and clean areas, nice cooking too, very gentle staff, even then could search you from airport too. The owner is named Moss. Nice recommendation in Oukaïmeden. You can have a full fun. email@example.com
February 18, 2010
Louza from Morocco
I just wanted to comment on another reviewer's otherwise good advices. I live in Morocco and own a "chalet" in l'Oukaimeden (Oukaïmeden) and I've been skiing there since I was a child. February is the best month to ski in l'Oukaimeden (Oukaïmeden). Of course, some years there is some good snow from the end of December 'til the end of March, but February is a better bet if your purpose is really to ski the Atlas mountains.
Have a good one!