Leitariegos Resort Reviews
7 pm 27 Jul 2015(local time) Weather Forecast for Leitariegos at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Leitariegos Ski Resort
November 28, 2011
Kgz from Spain
Leitariegos is a very small resort in the north of Spain.
Based on 9 votes. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Leitariegos.
Public Transport: 2.9
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Leitariegos, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Leitariegos, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 4.8
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 2.0
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Leitariegos.
Ski in/Ski out: 4.3
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Leitariegos, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Leitariegos is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Leitariegos relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 4.7
(1) There are no snow groomers at Leitariegos, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Leitariegos are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Leitariegos is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 3.3
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Leitariegos, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 3.3
(1) Leitariegos usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 4.6
(1) The staff at Leitariegos are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Leitariegos are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 3.4
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 4.0
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 3.4
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Leitariegos has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Leitariegos, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 2.8
(1) Not even a kicker at Leitariegos, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Leitariegos, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Leitariegos has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 3.4
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 1.9
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 3.9
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 4.6
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 4.6
(1) Overall, Leitariegos is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 4.3
(1) Overall, Leitariegos is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
December 05, 2010
boty from Spain
Welcome again skiers! How fast is coming a new ski-season! Snow on the slopes....improving the racks...sun again...Leitariegos is open to ski! Although, the ski-resort is so little, the staff, the snow and the funny slopes are good enough to came back every years! See you enjoying Leitariegos!
October 26, 2010
Bikenbabia from Spain
Leitariegos is one of the few places where you can try the KtraK system, of hand of Bikenbabia dot COM
January 14, 2010
javier from Spain
Hello skiers. Looking for a small, family friendly ski resort? If you arrive here you're in the right place: Leitariegos! 8 km of amazing tracks, from beginners to fast riders. You will enjoy this area, not forgeting this ski resort may be the littest in Spain but fun enougth. To expend one unforgettable ski day, the staff are so kind and helpful, and in just 1 hour by car, you will discover Ponferrada, his castle, old town and cool nights. See you on the slopes!
October 16, 2009
aitor from Spain
Leitariegos es the best. Grande leita.
February 26, 2009
ana from Spain
Leitariegos is a friendly and kindly ski resort. If you are a beginner, you are in the right place. The slopes are easy enough to enjoy going down all the tracks. Leitariegos has 3 chair lifts and 1 track for beginners; enough to share the day with your family. If you try once you will back soon.
Enjoy your ski day on Leitariegos.
January 20, 2009
joao moura from Portugal
Leitariegos is just the little ski resort for beginners. People who work here are very kind and friendly. It´s the right place to begin to ski. Slopes are easy and you will enjoy improving your ski quickly with professional teachers. If you want to try ski, don't doubt it, just go there, you'll go back soon.
November 13, 2005
Alceo from Spain
Leitariegos is a very small resort in the north of Spain. It has five and a half kilometres to ski, the slopes are not very difficult. I recommend this resort if you are a beginner, you will learn easily and you will start enjoying this sport. The people who work here are top of the top: kind, helpful and always with a smile on their face. Don´t doubt it!