Cedars Resort Reviews
8 pm 27 Oct 2016(local time) Weather Forecast for Cedars at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Cedars Ski Resort
February 24, 2016
john sanders from Lebanon
Ski great wild slopes above top lift then drop down and go south towards the shaded slopes and down to the Cedars village. This is wilderness territory. Surprising to find in such a small country.
Overall: 4.4. Based on 21 votes and 17 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Cedars.
Public Transport: 4.3
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Cedars, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Cedars, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 4.5
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 4.3
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Cedars.
Ski in/Ski out: 4.2
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Cedars, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Cedars is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Cedars relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 4.2
(1) There are no snow groomers at Cedars, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Cedars are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Cedars is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 3.9
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Cedars, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 5.0
(1) Cedars usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 4.2
(1) The staff at Cedars are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Cedars are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 4.3
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 4.3
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 4.5
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Cedars has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Cedars, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 4.1
(1) Not even a kicker at Cedars, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Cedars, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Cedars has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 4.2
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 3.9
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 4.5
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 4.2
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 4.3
(1) Overall, Cedars is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 4.2
(1) Overall, Cedars is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
January 18, 2016
jenski from Lebanon
The management has changed and made this place so much better.
The snow is always good and food is amazing and the people are
the friendliest. During the weekend all the slopes are open and
what's nice about them is that one telesiege or teleski could take you to many slopes where you can either ride hors piste or not.
December 31, 2012
george younes from Lebanon
Cedars : great snow, great slopes. Although it's a shame to have the best snow in Lebanon (and in the Middle East) go to waste thanks to a lousy staff and a shitty saving management. I'd like to say that with a change of staff and directors this resort could become a better and world class resort!
February 06, 2012
Edmond from Lebanon
I would like to say that we rely on skileb for accurate statuses, but it came to my attention that the ski resorts have access and update the statuses. Ski resorts have an interest in claiming that most of their lifts are open to lure people up. Yesterday the Cedars resort claimed that 3 of their lifts were open but actually only the baby t-bar was open. It is a shame and very annoying when a group of advanced skiers drive 2 hours to ride a baby lift. I would like to tell skileb to use independent updaters. I would like to tell the management of the Cedars resort that saving on gasoil on one day is not worth it when you look at the reputation of the resort.
January 11, 2012
Lebanese from Lebanon
I would like to say that we rely on skileb for accurate statuses, but it came to my attention that the ski resorts have access and update the statuses. Ski resorts have an interest in claiming that most of their lifts are open to lure people up. Yesterday the Cedars resort claimed that 3 of their lifts were open but actually only the baby T-bar was open. It is a shame and very annoying when a group of advanced skiers drive 2 hours to ride a baby lift. I would like to tell skileb to use independent updaters. I would like to tell the management of the Cedars resort that saving on gasoil on one day is not worth it when you look at the reputation of the resort in the long term.
December 12, 2011
john from United States
May 29, 2011
hatem dassouki from Lebanon
The best ski resort in Lebanon. It's like a dream when you can reach the ski slopes in only 1 hour from Tripoli (from sea level) and spend all the day skiing around a fabulous panorama. Cedars has many ski slopes for professional and even for beginners. I recommend tourists to visit cedars and to spend much time in Tripoli ;)
April 12, 2011
John Irwin from United States
Best ever off-track wild skiing; believe it or not. Slopes are great descending from the Ainata pass towards a place called Shagura. 4 kms of superb and varied downhill compares to best international resorts ...and this is the Middle East !
March 13, 2011
Nour Baz from Lebanon
I had never been to the Cedars in my life, had very high hopes for the place. I quickly realized the very bad management, facilities were very old and outdated, and people just wanted to rip you off.
This could be the best resort in Lebanon, but without the funding and proper management, it will be just a sorry excuse of a resort. Faraya Mzaar in Kfardebian is much better.
February 17, 2010
Vincent Chakhtoura from South Africa
I will refrain from telling everyone how much they are missing by not skiing at Cedars - before you know it the place will be like any other resort!
Selfish I know, but when you have heaven on earth why spoil it?