Caviahue Resort Reviews
2 am 05 Dec 2016(local time) Weather Forecast for Caviahue at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Caviahue Ski Resort
September 15, 2016
Ana from Argentina
Fuimos en septiembre , somos pricipiantes asi que solo hicimos pomita, muy buenos profesores adrian, matias , felipe .
El lugar de alquiler un poco desorganizado.
Tuve problemas con los bastones de mi hija , pague una clase privada fue con el profesor y volvio sin lós bastones.
Segun mi hija una profesora los uso para marcar la pista , cuando reclame me dijo que no , que esos eran de ellos y el sr que cuida la zona de subida al poma me dijo que esa era mi problema y que tenia que buscar al profesor para reclamar. En definitiva falta un poco de infraestructura como para que los chicos en clase puedan dejar en un lugar los bastones y tener la tranquilidad que al final de la misma se los devolveran.
Overall: 3.6. Based on 40 votes and 128 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Caviahue.
Public Transport: 3.2
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Caviahue, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Caviahue, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 3.8
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 3.6
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Caviahue.
Ski in/Ski out: 4.2
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Caviahue, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Caviahue is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Caviahue relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 3.9
(1) There are no snow groomers at Caviahue, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Caviahue are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Caviahue is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 2.4
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Caviahue, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 4.5
(1) Caviahue usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 3.8
(1) The staff at Caviahue are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Caviahue are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 3.6
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 3.8
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 3.8
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Caviahue has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Caviahue, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 2.5
(1) Not even a kicker at Caviahue, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Caviahue, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Caviahue has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 3.3
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 2.5
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 4.1
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 3.0
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 3.6
(1) Overall, Caviahue is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 3.7
(1) Overall, Caviahue is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
September 03, 2016
Francisco from Argentina
Hermosa gente. Hermoso lugar.pero no tiene nieve. Las pistas q figuran no están abiertas. Las sillas son muy lentas y yo con 180cm no entraba; todo muy congelado.
Por otro lado con nieve hubiera sido lindo.el centro de información turística nos mandó a una cascada donde quedamos empantanados y tuvieron q rescatarnos....toda una aventura.
July 09, 2016
Maria Santa Marta de las nieves Rodriguez Gonzales de Tswisquievich from Argentina
De primera todos los servicios. De primera necesidad.
No hay un lugar limpio. Amparados en que en general nieva, se tapa todo. Restos de construccion por todo el pueblo. El cerro en si, lamentable los medios lentos, con mas de 20 años de uso. No hay refugio de ninguna clase para el esquiador. No se explica como los costos de pases esten caso al 80% del valor de otros centros cercanos cuando no brindan ni la mitad del area esquiable, y menos con los 3 medios que en general funcionan (Los 2 restantes
nunca los ponen a funcionar). Un servicio de cuarta, cobrado como de primera categoria. Lamentable. No vuelvo hasta que cambien los servicios.
Asi como está, regalado es caro.
May 04, 2016
juan manuel from Argentina
Es un centro pequeño con muy buena nieve y el pueblo muy agradable y con variantes de actividades para realizar.
Es ideal para ir con familia y si vas con hijos hasta 13 años lo pasan genial. los precios (mas economico q otros cerros) se justifican por la avanzada edad de los medios de elevación.
recomiendo ir c efectivo ya que los cajeron se saturan y en el cerro el postnet para pagar suele tener fallas.
La atención en general de la gente es muy buena. quizas el problema para crecer de este cerro rapica en que el pueblo es muy pequeño y tiene pocas camas/esquiadores, aunque eso tambien es parte de su encanto.
April 11, 2016
Andrea from Argentina
Hola.. Yo vivo aquí en Caviahue.. ysi..hay mucho por mejorar.. Este será mi primer invierno viviendo aqui.. este lugar tiene algo impagable...nieve por donde quieras. .pero también reconozco que hay muchos descuidos en mantenimiento in to no sólo de las pistas sino del pueblo en general.. saludos.
December 13, 2015
Gerardo from Argentina
Refiriendome al comentario de que lei recien..
No digas boludeces fui varios años a Caviahue y es una mierda todas las empress que tuvieron la concesion fueron iguales ..ese pueblo son todos ñoquis mantenidos por el gobierno .esa gente de Caviahue odia ese lugar odia que nieve no se por que no se van .son poquitos los que viven del turismo eso es toda la culpa del intendente oscar mansegosa que lleno el pueblo de indios para tener votos y chilenos por que esos que te afanan con el tranorte son chilenos hijos de puta gustavo sepulveda chorro zolorsano chorro.eso no es un centro de esqui es un parque de nieve .pensaron que el hotel de mierda ese de la base era gran cosa .una cagada me aloje y se llovia todo una mierda como el parque de nieve .hay que ir a Chapelco .el vallo .esquel .el castor pero no a Caviahue.
[note from the moderator: this type of post will remain in place for a short time.]
July 28, 2010
FLOR ENEQENE from Argentina
Caviahue is unique; you have to visit it. Skiing and snowboarding are possible just 5 min from any lodge! We can do sled dogs in the village, ride a snowmobile, do free ride, visit the waterfalls, the lake itself, do a little walk in snow shoes and do cross-country ski just like if you were in the Antartic but we are here in Neuquen, just a 2 hours flight from Buenos Aires! Caviahue is fantastic. We also have hot springs and of course no car or men jam at all! What are you waiting for?
September 04, 2009
M y C S.A from Argentina
Caviahue is a beautiful place. It has the best snow in the world. In addition to snowboarding and skiing you can do many activities such as sledging with huskies, Nordic skiing, snowmobile tours, etc.
Caviahue is guaranteed fun for the whole family.
Greetings from here to our friends "ene q ene" tourism .
August 08, 2009
PatW from United States
I've been to Caviahue 3 times in 10 years. It is a great place. The on-piste skiing is a bit basic but good enough for families who are learning. The scenery is spectacular and very natural. The people of the village are so nice and warm. I love ski touring and Caviahue is excellent for this. If you go to Caviahue don't bring your pretensions as it's not for poseurs. There isn't much to do at night so bring a puzzle or some cards. See Canichi for a great guide in skiing, snowmobiling or any extreme sport. Enjoy but leave it clean.
August 10, 2008
FLORENCIA from Argentina
If you´re looking for "the" place, you just have found it. The best snow spot, magical, full of energy, nature and adventure. you can enjoy the thermal waters at the same time you´re riding your board. This place is ancient and at the same time young: the volcano, the lake, the rivers full of trouts in the summer, the frozen lagoons, the araucarias and the hidden beautiful spots made it worth the trip.