Ski India

Auli Resort Reviews

• Weather Forecast for Auli at  m altitude issued: 10 pm02 Dec 2016 (local time)
Ski India

Auli Resort Reviews

InAuli

Use the buttons below to tell us…

Visitor reviews for Auli Ski Resort

Ski Resort Rating: Rate Auli

• December 11, 2015
    from India

I visited Auli in early December 2015. Of course, snow or snowfall was not expected. We stayed at GMVN's Ski Resort. Though the cost was high, the services provided by the staff was excellent. Apart from routine services, the staff also guide you around..

We, in fact, visited Joshimath, Tapovan, Gorsu etc. from the ski resort.The main constraint of visiting in winter is that if you are not a skier then the total time for just moving around is less, as it is dark before 6 pm.

It is a place worth visiting in different seasons if you like to be so close to nature.

• January 16, 2013
    from India

Right now I am in Auli hoping against hope that there is snowfall in the next couple of days. I attended a 7 day skiing course organised by GMVNL between Jan 8-14. It was great fun. There was enough snow for beginners like me, though last snowfall was in mid December. It is a pity that this course is not well advertised and people, at large, are not aware of such world class facilities in their neighborhood. Course trainers are an enthusiastic lot and it seems they are enjoying their job. Two of them have won medals in South Asian Games' 2011 held in Auli. Skiing equipments are world class and kept well. Food is decent and accommodation is fairly good if one is in student mode. Support staff are extremely friendly. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for adventure with lots of fun. Enjoy skiing.

• December 05, 2012
    from India

Been there twice on 15th Jan 2011 & 20th Jan 2012. Great experience. Cable car ran the last time on 15th Jan 2011, the day we went up in it, and due to heavy snow fall it was closed that evening, and since that day it is closed. Regarding the quality of stay, since Jan 2011 the govt. hotel "GMVN" is in very good shape, but quite expensive. (2-5 thousand per night per room). Same is with Cliff Top (private resort) but regarding quality I'm not sure, never stayed there. To visit Auli in winters, ie Dec, Jan, Feb for young adventurers, like me :) and the snow seekers, it is better to start early, ie 7-8 AM from Joshimath. If you get lucky you might get a 4X4 jeep to go to Auli, otherwise you can go trekking about 16-18 kmts. might take 3-4 hrs. (only physically fit are advised :)).(the private jeep drivers can charge anything between 100 - 1000 Rs per side trip). All up to you for bargain :) ..At Auli normal tourists can have enough entertainment in few hrs and those who can afford a few thousand rupees can stay there otherwise it is advisable to leave around 3-4 PM because it is rare to get any transport downwards and it's a pleasant (approx 3 hrs) walk down to Joshimath. If jeeps are running it is better to come back to Joshimath and go back again next morning if you are not satisfied in a day rather then staying in an expensive hotel. Call is all yours. I'm planning to go again in January with my friends. Hope the experience will be great again. For me it is the best place I have ever visited in the world in my whole life :) But I feel very sorry that our Government either State or Centre never promote such places. For me Auli is a must visit place......

• March 14, 2012
    from India

I did a 9 day skiing course there last year and I am going there again tomorrow. It's a great place with amazing facilities for skiing. As there were South Asian Winter games conducted there last year the facilities have been upgraded & boasts of even snow makers. The stay facilities are also good....I can agree that the weather forecast may not be perfect, however, is it perfect in any part of the world??

• February 24, 2012
    from India

I had been to Auli last week and in spite of the fact that I have been to many mountains, I can say with pride that we can boast of such a wonderful ski resort in our country. Only if the cable car (for which the Govt has spent crores of Rupees) had worked, the attractions would have increased further. Since only 4 wheel drives could go there, the only private vehicle plying between Josimath and Auli was charging up to Rs 1800/- per trip which was a rip off, and I had opted for trekking which was a very pleasant experience.

• December 27, 2010
    from India

Despite bad reviews here, when there is snow in Auli it is great.

• February 05, 2010
    from India

I have been to Auli many times. It's a great place for skiing having one of the best slopes ever. The major thing for which you have to take care is to be clear about weather report because there is no snow at times and people complain about it regardless of weather conditions. Also there are very less facilities for high end luxury people at Auli but it's good enough for those who wanna enjoy and have a memorable experience.

• January 10, 2009
    from Ireland

If you plan on going to Auli to ski, be warned. I was there two years ago in the middle of January. The local government tourist office lied to us about the amount of snowfall on the mountain. To be honest, I don't think anyone in India has anyway of finding out the conditions on the mountain. We were duped into staying at the only 'resort' (and you can hardly call a wooden shack with a wood burning stove and bucket hot water showers a resort) in the area. A government owned rip off of a place with no fresh vegetables or fruit. There was NO snowfall when we were there and the locals couldn't seem to tell us when it had snowed last. The place is beautiful (scenery wise) but don't be fooled, the skiing is ridiculously horrid. Altitude sickness is a v. real possibility for you as well, I was very ill with it, ugh. Never again Auli.