Helpful resort information to assist planning your trip to Bláfjöll.
- Season opens—
- Season closes—
- Restaurants | Bars3 | 1
- Nearest Airport Keflavik
- Nearest Train Station —
- Tourist Office Website
- Tourist Office Phone+354-5618400
The terrain at Bláfjöll includes:
- Terrain Parks—
- X-Country18.0 km
- Ski Hire—
What's it like at Bláfjöll resort?
Bláfjöll, in Iceland, is a large resort with 11 lifts (2 chair lifts, 9 surface lifts) but it only has 270 metres (886 feet) of vertical descent. Bláfjöll has 19 pistes. Bláfjöll is best suited to intermediate skiers and snowboarders but there is some terrain for beginners and advanced skiers. There are 18 kilometers (11 miles) of cross country ski trails at Bláfjöll. The nearest airport is at Keflavik.
Latest photos from Bláfjöll. View all photos at the Bláfjöll gallery page.
Explore Bláfjöll Location Map
Interactive Bláfjöll trail map and piste map. View the piste and trails as well as the surrounding terrain and mountain contours for backcountry action. Find and compare nearby resorts by clicking on the resort markers.
When's the snowiest month to visit Bláfjöll?
Visitor Reviews of Bláfjöll
Una from Ireland writes:
Very scenic skiing 23.02.17. Staff at ski rental very polite and friendly. Booked private lesson snowboarding for my 3 children (13,11,7).
Johan, the instructor was very helpful. 3 lifts open when we were there; it had snowed the previous day. It was quiet when we arrived at 2 but
was starting to fill up as we were leaving. All slopes were well lit.
Resorts close to Bláfjöll
Discover ski resorts near Bláfjöll. Click below to view there ski resort guides.
- KerlingarfjöllLast Snow: 1 cm Thu 14 JanLifts: 5Trails: —154 km away
- SnjofellLast Snow: 26 cm Sat 09 JanLifts: 1Trails: 1161 km away
- Latest WebcamHlíðarfjall AkureyriLast Snow: 26 cm Sat 09 JanLifts: 4Trails: 9249 km away
- Nevis RangeLast Snow: 11 cm Thu 14 JanLifts: 12Trails: 351209 km away
- Latest WebcamGlencoe Mountain ResortLast Snow: 15 cm Thu 14 JanLifts: 8Trails: 191234 km away