Vigla Pisoderi Resort Reviews
2 am 01 Oct 2016(local time) Weather Forecast for Vigla Pisoderi at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Vigla Pisoderi Ski Resort
February 15, 2012
harrys39 from Greece
I was there Monday. I have to say this winter is the best last ten years. I go every year but I never saw so much snow. Everywhere fresh powder. Not many people and easy to park your car. Only problem is the sun has thirty days to appear. Except the fog the conditions are very good this season. (for Greece this snow is very good. We are not the Alps but don't forget we have all in one (mountain sea rivers lakes e. t. c. ) .......waiting all of you in my country
Vigla Pisoderi Ratings
Overall: 4.0. Based on 25 votes and 16 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Vigla Pisoderi.
Public Transport: 3.4
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Vigla Pisoderi, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Vigla Pisoderi, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 4.3
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 3.5
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Vigla Pisoderi.
Ski in/Ski out: 4.3
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Vigla Pisoderi, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Vigla Pisoderi is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Vigla Pisoderi relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 4.7
(1) There are no snow groomers at Vigla Pisoderi, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Vigla Pisoderi are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Vigla Pisoderi is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 3.8
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Vigla Pisoderi, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 4.8
(1) Vigla Pisoderi usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 4.8
(1) The staff at Vigla Pisoderi are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Vigla Pisoderi are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 4.0
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 4.2
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 4.5
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Vigla Pisoderi has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Vigla Pisoderi, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 3.0
(1) Not even a kicker at Vigla Pisoderi, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Vigla Pisoderi, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Vigla Pisoderi has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 4.1
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 2.8
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 3.8
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 4.0
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 4.2
(1) Overall, Vigla Pisoderi is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 3.8
(1) Overall, Vigla Pisoderi is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
February 20, 2011
Gelface !!! from Macedonia
The mountain and the ski center (Vigla Pisoderi) in extension, is one of the best and well working in Greece and specially in west Macedonia.
Both infrastructure and the personnel will make everything for you to enjoy skiing!
October 28, 2010
dimitris from Greece
Pisoderi (Vigla Pisoderi) is one of the best snow resorts in Greece. Early winter it's deeply covered in snow, 'till late' spring and offers the best snow conditions because the tree cover of the area is rich. The snow stays in the best possible conditions. At Vigla Pisoderi you can also have fun with freeride runs / airboard trails, or even snowkite experience!
September 12, 2010
konstantinos 2211 from Greece
Vigla Pisoderi is really the best resort of Greece. Unlike others it is right on a major road and next to a village. There are many nice places to stay like the hotel Modesteios. The terrain is not very widespread but enough for a long weekend and the lifts are very good (again, many other Greek resorts still use old and slow ones). The staff and people are friendly.
But the most important thing: alongside with Mt. Voras Kaimaktsalan, Vigla Pisoderi is the snow safest resort in Greece and you can be sure to find deep snow from December-April.
April 04, 2010
Kosta from Macedonia
Vigla (Vigla Pisoderi) is an excellent place! My friends (Done,66 and Cane,58),and I, Kosta(51), all old skiers from Bitola(Monastiry), Rep. of Macedonia, spent there more than thirty snowy days this season! The slopes were prepared very professional and the lifts functioned without any break!
Congratulations to Mr.Tottis! He is a big manager! Congratulations to his team!
February 02, 2010
Alexis from Greece
Vigla Pisoderi is a very beautiful place and skiers should enjoy the sports. Please don't mix politics and history.
December 23, 2009
Chronis from Greece
Vigla Pisoderi is by far the best ski resort in Greece. Good quality of snow - good weather conditions and excellent slopes. Temperatures are usually at low levels. However, Vigla Pisoderi could have been more well-organised.
December 14, 2009
DINOS from Greece
Vigla Pisoderi is the snow center with the best weather contitions in Greece. The snow center never closes from the winter. Also the distanse of Vigla Pisoderi from the city of Florina is only 17 km.
October 11, 2009
Dimitris from Greece
Vigla Pisoderi has the best snow quality on its excellent ski-runs.
There are many trees and not much wind. This keeps the snow in the best possible conditions.
Vigla (Vigla Pisoderi) is a 'must visit'.
March 18, 2009
BITOLA from Macedonia
Vigla Pisoderi is a very nice place. We enjoyed it very much.