Veysonnaz-Printse Resort Reviews
1 am 27 Oct 2016(local time) Weather Forecast for Veysonnaz-Printse at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Veysonnaz-Printse Ski Resort
December 25, 2015
John F. from Switzerland
Great scenery with attractive and well groomed slopes. Good services and various accommodations. Great ski lessons at the local Swiss ski school.
Overall: 4.4. Based on 11 votes and 17 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Veysonnaz-Printse.
Public Transport: 4.7
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Veysonnaz-Printse, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Veysonnaz-Printse, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 4.0
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 3.9
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Veysonnaz-Printse.
Ski in/Ski out: 4.7
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Veysonnaz-Printse, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Veysonnaz-Printse is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Veysonnaz-Printse relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 4.8
(1) There are no snow groomers at Veysonnaz-Printse, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Veysonnaz-Printse are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Veysonnaz-Printse is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 4.7
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Veysonnaz-Printse, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 4.7
(1) Veysonnaz-Printse usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 4.8
(1) The staff at Veysonnaz-Printse are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Veysonnaz-Printse are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 4.7
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 4.8
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 4.8
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Veysonnaz-Printse has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Veysonnaz-Printse, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 4.4
(1) Not even a kicker at Veysonnaz-Printse, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Veysonnaz-Printse, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Veysonnaz-Printse has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 4.6
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 4.1
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 4.0
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 4.3
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 4.1
(1) Overall, Veysonnaz-Printse is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 4.2
(1) Overall, Veysonnaz-Printse is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
January 01, 2015
Daniel jones from Switzerland
Not the best groomed slopes or the best area we've skied but the staff at Niege Adventure ski school are amazing; thanks to Eve and Mark for looking after our son. As for the Swiss ski school they are horrendous; rude and unwilling to teach kids how to ski if it's easier to keep them in the snow park. Overall, a decent resort but nothing special. Scenery is amazing.
April 03, 2012
Karen Last from Switzerland
As always, Veysonnaz (Veysonnaz-Printse) piste is immaculately groomed. Service with a smile from all locals, very friendly people. My son learning to snowboard and staff at Swiss ski school so good he is coming on in leaps and bounds, literally! Lots of snow forecast for next couple of days, so should be good for Easter. Very few Brits here and not overly busy, so highly recommended as much more local feel to whole community - you see real Switzerland at its best here. Not touristy at all. Thoroughly recommend Fragniere ski hire next to tourist office - can't help enough - really know their stuff. Just sitting on balcony watching an amazing view that changes each hour with the weather - come on down - it is stunningly beautiful.
April 04, 2011
maclachlan from Switzerland
Congratulations to the pisteurs who kept the resort beautifully groomed this season despite low snowfall.
March 29, 2011
Robin from United Kingdom
We were very lucky with the snow conditions this visit. Returned to the UK on the 26th March as it had not snowed significantly for a few weeks. The excellent piste maintenance at Veysonnaz (Veysonnaz-Printse) meant that the available snow was groomed and well maintained. We made this trip to introduce a friend to skiing. The nursery slopes at the top of the mountain, by the Mount Rouge restaurant, proved the ideal location for our friend to learn, she absolutely loved it. As usual the amenities in Veysonnaz are very good and the assistance from the ski hire centre near the Hotel Magrappé was excellent. I just hope that it snows heavily for those booked on the Easter break.
March 21, 2011
Old timer from United Kingdom
The lift system (at Veysonnaz-Printse) remains out dated. I first went to this area in about 1984 and many of the lifts still remain from that period. In the early 80s the Verbier region was seen as one of the most advanced systems, it is very far from that now.
Indeed, the links are weaker now than they were then. I understand there may be something of a dispute between Nendaz and Verbier over investment which has resulted in this.
Veyzonaz skiing is really for beginners and similar. Given a good snow fall there can be reasonable off-piste, and the lack of 'hot shots' in the area means it does not get skied out quickly but I would not recommend it for intermediates and above.
September 12, 2010
Hannah from United Kingdom
We were very lucky to ski in Veysonnaz (Veysonnaz-Printse) twice this year (2010). Firstly in January and then at Easter. Veysonnaz is fantastic. There are a good range of cafes and bars on the slopes. The staff in the bars and at the lifts are very friendly and always on hand to help out. The station has some excellent places to eat out, a good bakery and a first class butchers. There is a swimming pool as well. Looking forward to January 2011 to get back on the slopes, maybe see you in Barlouca!!
March 25, 2010
Stuart Scotland from Switzerland
I have read your review from another user, submitted on 2006-03-08. The resort (Veysonnaz-Printse) has been through a number of significant changes since 2006, including installation of a new 8 person chair lift from Veysonnaz to Tyon. There are a number of new ski shops, restaurants and bars, which now trade with the new wealthy clients, happy to pay a premium for the professional service they receive. I would therefore argue that your earlier reviewer's comments are out of touch, portaying an inaccurate picture of the resort.
December 24, 2009
Ed from United Kingdom
Veysonnaz (Veysonnaz-Printse) provides a lovely place for a family skiing holiday. It is a pretty village, largely unspoilt by tourism, with a great lift up to the the skiing area of Thyon and further afield to Siviez, Nendaz and Verbier. Whilst it is true that the lifts in the area are mainly t-bars and button lifts, there are also a number of chair lifts. We skied over to Verbier very easily in about an hour and a half where the ski lifts are fabulous. I loved the flexibility of staying in a quiet village but having the benefits of a large skiing area at my finger tips. Pre-Christmas skiing at Veysonnaz-Printse was fantastic, quiet slopes, no queues and perfect snow conditions. What more could you ask for?
December 13, 2009
Mr Alexander from United Kingdom
Veysonnaz (Veysonnaz-Printse) has both exellent skiing, with very friendly locals with good service in restaurants and bars. It's all coming together now.