Tatranská Lomnica Resort Reviews
7 am 28 Apr 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Tatranska Lomnica at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Tatranská Lomnica Ski Resort
March 09, 2017
Andrei R from Romania
We went on a ski holiday as a group: 4 couples and two infants.
-We found this very expensive for what it has to offer. You get 10 times more in Austria at the same price.
-The ski passes were non-transferable and for 2 couples (the ones who came with infants) it was not a good deal. We had to pay the whole price for 2 ski-passes even if we could not ski all at the same time as two of us had to stay with the babies. We asked at the cash desk and also at the info center and there were no alternatives for families or for shorter period passes. Very inconvenient and this left the impression that they are not oriented towards the client satisfaction.
-The slopes were ok in the morning but after 2 hours some become impracticable (slopes 5 and 6) and they do not do anything till the next morning.
-When it comes to food you have very little choices at the apres-ski and these are a bit expensive.
-Very few employees speak an international language (English/Deutsch/French) and it was impossible to communicate.
-Parking was muddy
- Mountain view
Tatranská Lomnica Ratings
Overall: 3.5. Based on 3 votes and 5 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Tatranská Lomnica.
Public Transport: 3.5
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Tatranská Lomnica, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Tatranská Lomnica, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 3.5
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 3.5
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Tatranská Lomnica.
Ski in/Ski out: 4.0
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Tatranská Lomnica, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Tatranská Lomnica is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Tatranská Lomnica relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 3.0
(1) There are no snow groomers at Tatranská Lomnica, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Tatranská Lomnica are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Tatranská Lomnica is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 3.5
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Tatranská Lomnica, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 3.5
(1) Tatranská Lomnica usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 4.5
(1) The staff at Tatranská Lomnica are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Tatranská Lomnica are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 3.5
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 3.5
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 4.5
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Tatranská Lomnica has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Tatranská Lomnica, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 2.0
(1) Not even a kicker at Tatranská Lomnica, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Tatranská Lomnica, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Tatranská Lomnica has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 4.0
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 3.0
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 3.0
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 2.5
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 3.5
(1) Overall, Tatranská Lomnica is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 3.5
(1) Overall, Tatranská Lomnica is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
September 14, 2014
Greg montague from United Kingdom
Stayed 18 Feb, 2013.
Top of piste was steep and had moguls for alpinists. It was sunny above the clouds, bottom of piste was cloudy but less steep and more interesting for beginners. Fairly long run down to base and several pathways; short ride by tram to Štrbské Pleso and 2hrs by bus to Zakopane. Scenery is nice and buildings are neat and have a mountain style. Good budget skiing holiday. Here and Białka Tatrzańska is suitable to learn snowboarding.
January 06, 2013
Chris from United Kingdom
Very poor skiing. One long run down from 1800m to 900m. Icy at the top, flat at the bottom. Can't understand why all the lifts go in the same direction and no more runs have been built!
Scenery is a bit odd with acres of dead trees and Communist-era buildings in the town to look at.
Lift pass was surprisingly expensive: EUR120 for four days, including Strebskie Pleso (which was a bit better). Food and drink very cheap but not great quality.
November 30, 2008
juraj from Czech Republic
The most beautiful resort in Slovakia. This season Tatranská Lomnica will have a new chair lift and snowing system - the skiing is from December 'till May. I recommend it.
April 23, 2008
bh from Slovakia
The slope is really nice and suitable mainly to off-piste freaks (or ski alpinists). Chair lift to be used in highest part is rather old and so weather/wind prone but if you get there in nice sunny spring time (up to May 11th every year) it's really a great season end.