Ski Wentworth Resort Reviews
2 pm 20 Oct 2016(local time) Weather Forecast for Ski Wentworth at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Ski Wentworth Ski Resort
March 01, 2011
Jean-Marc Glaude from France
I discovered Ski Wentworth during a beautiful sunny day. I must admit I had a wonderful day there. Of course the vertical drop is not comparable to Chamonix or Whistler but it offers some really nice and diverse slopes all very well groomed. The lift system (a quad chairlift, a T bar and a magic carpet) even if a bit slow is able to distribute all the skiers and snowboarders on the different trails without waiting time. Even if this was a busy Sunday we had the feeling to be alone on the trails.
The Lodge is a very large but warm place to enjoy a hot chocolate or your own tea and cookies while unfreezing your feet. The cafeteria is a self-service offering different delicious meals. The Ducky's bar is also a nice place to enjoy a small après-ski drink with a nice view on the slopes.
The rental shop is well organized but all the skis are probably more than 5 years old and were not really well maintained.
If you want to enjoy the nice winter weekends skiing in Nova Scotia, Ski Wentworth worth the money.
Ski Wentworth Ratings
Overall: 2.8. Based on 2 votes and 1 review. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Ski Wentworth.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
Cheap Rooms: 1.0
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Ski in/Ski out: 2.0
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Ski Wentworth is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
Snow Grooming: 3.0
(1) There are no snow groomers at Ski Wentworth, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Ski Wentworth are groomed daily.
Nearby options: 3.0
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Ski Wentworth, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Lift Staff: 5.0
(1) The staff at Ski Wentworth are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Ski Wentworth are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
Ski Schools: 2.0
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Variety of pistes: 3.0
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Ski Wentworth has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Ski Wentworth, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
Snow Park: 2.0
(1) Not even a kicker at Ski Wentworth, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Ski Wentworth, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.