Snow-Forecast logoSnow mountain photo

Visitor reviews for Silver Mountain Ski Resort

Ski Resort Rating: Rate Silver Mountain

• November 12, 2010
    Jase from United States

Silver Mountain is my home resort. I have held a season pass there 4 out of the last 5 years, and I love the place. The drive up is generally pretty smooth. With the gondola, all one must do is simply pull off of I-90 and you're there. The gondola can be a bit of a con if you enjoy access to your car during the day. Once on the mountain, you'll find very few lift lines and most days you will find really nice snow. The lifts are a little slow and out of date, but they get you up the mountain. The tree skiing in impeccable, and there are a few places for off-piste skiing. Not the most vertical, but it gives the average skier plenty. They should really consider replacing some of their chair lifts with high speed quads.

• January 05, 2010
    Wayne from United States

Silver Mountain has a long heritage as an excellent skiers mountain for locals. The owners have built a waterpark onsite that is now taking away from the upkeep and grooming of the mountain. Do yourself a favor and ski at a resort where they want to see you.

• December 16, 2008
    SnowaveDave from United States

Silver Mountain is a mix of good and bad, love and hate, new and old, wannabe and is.
    To qualify this review, I begin by stating that Silver Mountain was my home area for 6 years and every year I logged over 80 days/season. The easiest way to go about this is an enjoyable list.
    Pros:
    Uncrowded
    Phenomenal tree riding-don't tell anyone
    Lots of room to move and explore
    Very down-home feel, great locals
    Great steeps
    Long runs when bottom of 4 is open
    Cons:
    Poor beginners area (not a concern until I revisited last year w/my 5 year old)
    Runs are not cut on the fall-line of the hill except on Chair 4 and 3
    Silver Mountain tries too hard to be something it isn't, the Vail of N. Idaho
    Lifts are somewhat unpredictable in terms of running; you can get stuck on them more often than you would like, especially when it is dumping out
    Very few cliffs
    Bottom of 4 isn't always open due to lower elevation and resultant rain/snowpack

I love Silver Mountain because I know where to go when, I know the people and area, and because when it is dumping that place goes off for days after the storm due to lack of crowds, it's breadth, and the trees. I shake my head at Silver Mountain when I see their latest attempt at being something they aren't, when I have to traverse or constantly adjust my line on chair 2, or the lift stops for 5 minutes while they reset it.

• May 01, 2008
    Peter from United States

Silver Mt. is one of the best kept secrets in America. Off-piste and powder skiing all day. Ski here midweek and enjoy powder all day long.