Platak Resort Reviews
6 pm 21 Feb 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Platak at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Platak Ski Resort
January 30, 2011
BoB from Croatia
You have 1 baby slope, 1 red slope and 1 turistic slope. The price for the whole day is about 20 Euro!
For this price you can get the whole day in Krvavec or Cerkno or some other ski center.
The service is low and the slopes are not serviced.
The only lift is old, about 15 years at least, and it doesn't work so well.
Overall: 2.5. Based on 18 votes and 6 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Platak.
Public Transport: 2.3
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Platak, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Platak, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 3.1
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 1.2
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Platak.
Ski in/Ski out: 2.8
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Platak, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Platak is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Platak relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 2.8
(1) There are no snow groomers at Platak, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Platak are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Platak is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 2.2
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Platak, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 2.7
(1) Platak usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 2.9
(1) The staff at Platak are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Platak are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 3.2
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 2.6
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 2.2
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Platak has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Platak, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 2.0
(1) Not even a kicker at Platak, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Platak, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Platak has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 2.8
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 1.9
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 3.0
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 2.2
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 2.6
(1) Overall, Platak is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 2.7
(1) Overall, Platak is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
December 11, 2010
Dario from Slavonia from Croatia
It is a small ski center (Platak) but when there is enough snow you can ski ok for a day or two. On the top of Radeševo (1363m) it is one of the best panoramic views that I saw in all my life. The surrounding mountains and view on Adriatic and Kvarner Bay with islands, is phenomenal. Two mountain houses and two wooden bars on slope are modest but fair. Not to be missed when you are in the region.
April 14, 2010
Bob from Bosnia and Herzegovina
Prices at Platak are up in the sky and the service. The slopes you get for it are small (2 slopes: 18 euro). It is too much. Cerkno is better for this price and also Bjelolasica and Sljeme.
March 10, 2010
rasta from Croatia
Platak is nice for one day fun. The slopes are short but great for learning and having some fun. There is a great trail through the woods for snowboarders and a mini snowboard park (rail & jump) and also a non used slope that is great for riding in powder. There are many snowboarders and the atmosphere is relaxed.
February 14, 2010
Claus from Germany
Platak is nice, very nice. Country has beautiful islands and mountains. I haven't seen such a landscape in my life.
December 04, 2006
tom from Croatia
This is a local ski resort in Croatia with beautiful wiews from the top of the mountain. While skiing, you can see the Adriatic sea and the biggest Croatian islands like Krk and Cres beneath you.