Peyragudes Resort Reviews
6 pm 21 Feb 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Peyragudes at m altitude issued:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Peyragudes Ski Resort
December 26, 2016
kito from France
J'ai beau être désolé pour le desastre de cette saison et j'ai beau comprendre les dificultés des stations des Pyrénées avec ce manque de neige ça me met un peu les boules que les webcams de peyragudes soit éliminés ou recadrées dès que l'on s'apecoit qu'il n'ya absolument de neige sur la station! S'il ne neige pas bientôt on n'aura plus qu'une webcam sur une tartiflette qui cuit!!!
Overall: 3.8. Based on 10 votes and 13 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Peyragudes.
Public Transport: 3.4
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Peyragudes, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Peyragudes, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 3.9
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 3.0
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Peyragudes.
Ski in/Ski out: 4.4
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Peyragudes, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Peyragudes is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Peyragudes relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 4.3
(1) There are no snow groomers at Peyragudes, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Peyragudes are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Peyragudes is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 3.8
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Peyragudes, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 4.1
(1) Peyragudes usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 4.2
(1) The staff at Peyragudes are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Peyragudes are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 3.9
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 4.3
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 3.9
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Peyragudes has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Peyragudes, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 3.6
(1) Not even a kicker at Peyragudes, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Peyragudes, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Peyragudes has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 3.7
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 3.1
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 3.6
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 3.5
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 3.6
(1) Overall, Peyragudes is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 4.0
(1) Overall, Peyragudes is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
December 01, 2016
Catherine from France
Station très agréable, familiale. Les canons à neige permettent un bon enneigement. Le soleil est souvent au rendez vous.
Je recommande !! Et j'y retournerai dès que possible.
November 30, 2016
Jérôme from France
Client fidèle de la station de Peyragudes, je viens chaque année pour une semaine dans la station avec mes enfants.
Il nous tarde les vacances d'hiver pour venir en espérant que la neige soit au RDV.
Mes enfants sont contents car depuis tout petits ils skient depuis le début à Peyragudes..
Ils ont le même moniteur du coup c'est cool.
En espérant une chute de neige bientôt pour eux car le personnel est super cool et accueillant.
November 29, 2016
TOM from France
...cela fait plusieurs années que je vais rider a Peyragudes,certes les tarifs ne sont pas donnés mais ils ont fait bcp d'effort sur les infrastructures,canon a neige supplementaires,fil neige pour le "snow park" (meme si le snow park n'est pas forcement a la hauteur et devrait etre ameliorer rapidement)remontées rapides pour la plupart,un acceuil souvent agreable(certains skimans prennent la peine de dire bonjour a chaque personnes le matin..imaginez la gualere...!)
pour ce qui est des problemes que j'ai pu lire sur le commentaire, il m'est effectivement arrivé la meme mésaventure,en effet ayant egalement perdu mon forfait PAR MA FAUTE je precise et non a cause d'un soit disant systeme d'attache "du plus grand debile"..égritude quand tu nous tiens,je suis descendu au guichet principal coté Agudes,et la quelle etonnement acceuil tres sympathique,aucun soucis pour refaire faire ma carte dans la minute et continuer a profiter de la journée de ski.ayant laisser mon numero en haut des remontées les pisteurs m'ont meme appelés pour me dire qu'ils avaient retrouvés ma carte perdue...AU TOP.
Pour ce qui est des "secours" ayant aussi "tester" ce coté la de la station le personnel etait d'une grande efficacité( je précise pour une fracture de la hanche pour une entorse bénine ou autre..)
Tout cela pour dire qu'il y a de bons avis comme des mauvais sur le net( surtout des mauvais en général les gens heureux ne pensent pas a le dire cest dommage),faites vous votre propre opinion en allant a Peyragudes et avec un peu de chances vous me croiserez moi avec le sourire(toujours quand il s'agit de rider !!!) plutot que Mr ou Mme EGRITUDE qui n'est jamais et ne sera jamais content ..je ne vise personne bien sure...
a tres vite pour les autres!
[note from the editor: names are omitted from reviews]
March 19, 2016
Juan Rubio from Spain
Espectacular estación muy cuidada, remontes modernos y un relación calidad precio inmejorable.
November 08, 2009
Maquina from France
Peyragudes is the best spot in Pyrenees. There are a lot of modern lifts (4 & 6 persons), snows cannons, good exposition (sun all day long). Peyragudes has an extraordinary point for views and skiing conditions.
February 27, 2008
Peak Times - Luchon from France
Peyragudes is a large domain made up of two resorts (Agudes & Peyresourde) located 15 minutes from the classical spa town of Bagneres de Luchon. The resort caters for skiers and boarders of all abilities and with a modern lift system easily copes with the mainly French and Spanish visitors.
The base at Peyresourde provides a sun drenched balcony to sit back and enjoy the slope-side restaurants though the restaurant, at 2000 metres, provides fantastic views down to the beautiful Vallee d' Aure and Lac Genos.
Peyragudes is blessed with long runs in valleys that hold the snow well, though the vast numbers of snow cannons will keep the runs open from top to bottom throughout the season.
There is slope-side accommodation though this is isolated, the best bet is to stay in Luchon (why not try a catered chalet with Peak Times)which will give you the ability to ski at Superbagneres, Peyragudes and Baqueira Beret in one week.
A great resort, long runs and lots of off-piste opportunities. Busy in the main "Toulouse" school holidays in France but for the majority of time you will enjoy relatively empty slopes.