Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Patscherkofel Ski Resort
November 22, 2011
alex from Greece
Very nice resort with 2 main 4-5 Km red and blue slopes.
Both slopes are not for beginner skiers and small children.
Overall: 3.9. Based on 4 votes and 3 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Patscherkofel.
Public Transport: 5.0
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Patscherkofel, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Patscherkofel, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 4.2
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 4.0
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Patscherkofel.
Ski in/Ski out: 3.5
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Patscherkofel, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Patscherkofel is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Patscherkofel relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 4.8
(1) There are no snow groomers at Patscherkofel, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Patscherkofel are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Patscherkofel is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 4.0
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Patscherkofel, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 3.2
(1) Patscherkofel usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 5.0
(1) The staff at Patscherkofel are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Patscherkofel are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 4.3
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 4.7
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 3.5
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Patscherkofel has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Patscherkofel, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 3.0
(1) Not even a kicker at Patscherkofel, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Patscherkofel, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Patscherkofel has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 4.2
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 3.2
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 3.7
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 4.5
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 3.8
(1) Overall, Patscherkofel is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 4.2
(1) Overall, Patscherkofel is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
December 13, 2010
Hubert from Poland
This is the best resort for learning and practising for whole family. We love this region and all mountains but especially Patscherkofel. You can find there lots of different ways for skiing. Our family is going to PK in January again and I am absolutely sure there will be lots of fun. Our kids love this mountain because they can go and ski when parents want to stop and drink Glühwein. In Olex restaurant you can take some rest and still control what your kids are doing and how they are skiing.
But if you are an advanced skier it could be a little boring for longer than a week. If you plan to ski all day long up-and-down, the mountain is quite small.
I think also that the marking OlimpiaAbfahrt as red could be little deceptive because, in my opinion, there are parts that should be marked as black.
October 09, 2010
Hary from Greece
If you want a family ski resort combined with a variety of runs, then go straight to Patscherkofel! It's almost never crowded because there are 9 resorts in the Innsbruck area. It has perfect snow quality and when mother nature isn't in good mood the resort uses it's efficient and brand new snowmaking system (more than 50 snowguns). There are aprox. 20 kms of runs and 9 lifts (3 T-bars,1 baby lift,3 chair lifts, a magic carpet and a gondola which will take you to the panorama station of the Patscherkofel mountain where there are breathtaking views!). There are 2 restaurants (OLEX and Panorama) which offer a grand variety of food and drinks. If you can't take of your skis, there is night skiing at Thursdays and Fridays at the Heligwasser slopes. The most famous runs are the family run and the olympic run. If you wnat you can go down the Igls village by the Igls route (about 1,5 km).
The season I visited Patscherkofel(February)was, as I told you before, excellent. The snow was just perfect(powder conditions), but the locals were constantly saying that they had more snow in December (more than 2 meters). In February there was about 60 cms at the base and at the top about 1,20 ms.
I totaly recomend Patscherkofel as a resort for you, your family and your buddies!
P.S. there are some rails near the magic carpet at the Helligwasser slopes.