Ski Japan - Niigata

Naeba Resort Reviews

• Weather Forecast for Naeba at  m altitude issued: 8 am29 Sep 2016 (local time)
Ski Japan - Niigata

Naeba Resort Reviews

JaNaeba

Use the buttons below to tell us…

Visitor reviews for Naeba Ski Resort

Ski Resort Rating: Rate Naeba

• February 19, 2015
    from Japan

Naeba, on its own, is not a large resort but having Kagura and Tashiro on the same ticket makes for a good variety of runs. Snow cover, as usual, is excellent here as you'd expect and it always seems to snow without fail. Downside though is it often white outs and is windy (which will cut off the top area for access). Blue sky days are great until the weather closes in turning the front areas mushy and snow to icy/crusty danger, being so low in altitude like most Japanese resorts are. Mind you this was in mid Feb when the temp is also warming up. There are enough challenging runs for all levels and plenty of powder stashes after a good dumping. Lift queues..what lift queues? The Prince Hotel provides excellent ski in/ski out access and facilities.

• February 27, 2009
    from Japan

As I've said on my Kagura report, Naeba conrtibutes to a large area considering the Tashiro-Kagura-Mitsumata + Naeba ticket. I've recently revisited Naeba, and although the snow isn't the same this year (like most of Honshu) I was still impressed. This resort has some nice runs; I like the Challenge Course as it's a natural half-pipe and I can develop my park skills whilst riding the mountain. I didn't have the chance to check out the BC or SC as the snow wasn't really good enough, but Naeba is still a fun resort to visit, often having great conditions late into the season and if not then Kagura is just around the corner

• January 03, 2006
    from United States

I've been snowboarding in Japan for a couple of years now, and Naeba is one of the better resorts on Honshu. It's not as easy to get to as GALA, but it's one station before GALA and there's always a bus to take you to the mountain. Basically, it's cool. If you feel like waking up and just heading to the mountain for a day of snowboarding or skiing (if you still do that), you won't waste your money.