Münster - Geschinen - Goms Resort Reviews
6 pm 21 Feb 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Munster - Geschinen - Goms at m altitude issued:
Münster - Geschinen - Goms
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Münster - Geschinen - Goms Ski Resort
December 30, 2008
kc from United Kingdom
This small ski area (Münster - Geschinen - Goms) has two small T-bar lifts that almost meet at the top. The Munster lift goes a little higher and you can descend on both sides of the lift. The descent on the Munster side is unremarkable and this slope faces the sun most of the day so is more susceptible to thawing and freezing; there is a short half-pipe with half a dozen turns. On the Geschinen side there are more options with a few off-piste routes and three separate descents that are well maintained; the main piste is wide and offers varying gradients. This is a little too steep at the top for absolute beginners but ideal once the basics have been mastered. Two narrower descents closer to the lift are good fun and to the left of the lift going down is a tight and interesting piste that offers a little more challenge, a few jumps and a little more gradient. Good value at CHF15 for a half day pass. In an area best known for X-country this is a fun little ski area. Not much for the experienced skier here but lots of fun for families and beginners. Look out for the night skiing two or three times a week, mostly bonkers locals on sledges but cracking fun on skis too!
Münster - Geschinen - Goms Ratings
Overall: 4.2. Based on 1 vote and 1 review. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Münster - Geschinen - Goms.
Public Transport: 5.0
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Münster - Geschinen - Goms, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Münster - Geschinen - Goms, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 5.0
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 3.0
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Münster - Geschinen - Goms.
Ski in/Ski out: 5.0
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Münster - Geschinen - Goms is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
Snow Grooming: 5.0
(1) There are no snow groomers at Münster - Geschinen - Goms, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Münster - Geschinen - Goms are groomed daily.
Nearby options: 3.0
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Münster - Geschinen - Goms, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Lift Staff: 5.0
(1) The staff at Münster - Geschinen - Goms are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Münster - Geschinen - Goms are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 4.0
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Variety of pistes: 3.0
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Münster - Geschinen - Goms has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Münster - Geschinen - Goms, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Münster - Geschinen - Goms, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Münster - Geschinen - Goms has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 5.0
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 3.0
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 5.0
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 5.0
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 5.0
(1) Overall, Münster - Geschinen - Goms is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 5.0
(1) Overall, Münster - Geschinen - Goms is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.