Erciyes Ski Resort Resort Reviews
8 am 17 Aug 2017(local time) Weather Forecast for Mt Erciyes at m altitude issued:
Erciyes Ski Resort
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Visitor reviews for Erciyes Ski Resort Ski Resort
March 18, 2017
Max from Turkey
If you check it out, you will probably see Erciyes is one of the highest price/performance ski centers in the world. Lots of slopes in a large spectrum of difficulty levels, cheapest rentals and lift tickets. Maybe the most noticeable missing part of the resort is the lack of entertainment areas like halfpipes. Otherwise, I strongly recommend to try Erciyes.
Erciyes Ski Resort Ratings
Overall: 4.2. Based on 80 votes and 48 reviews. Vote
(1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Erciyes Ski Resort.
Public Transport: 4.5
(1) There are no buses or taxis to Erciyes Ski Resort, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections.
(1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town.
(1) No places to stay in/near Erciyes Ski Resort, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets.
Cheap Rooms: 4.2
(1) No budget accommodation available, (3) just one or two hostels so book ahead, (5) several cheap hostels and pensions available.
Luxury Hotels: 4.2
(1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Erciyes Ski Resort.
Ski in/Ski out: 4.5
(1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available.
(1) There are no child care facilities at Erciyes Ski Resort, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche.
(1) Occasionally gets enough snow for skiing, (2) is often closed due to a lack of snow, (3) occasionally suffers from a lack of snow, (4) rarely suffers from a lack of snow, (5) Erciyes Ski Resort is snowsure even in the poorest seasons.
(1) Erciyes Ski Resort relies entirely on natural snow, (3) there are just a few snow cannons, (5) there are snowmaking facilities on all pistes.
Snow Grooming: 4.3
(1) There are no snow groomers at Erciyes Ski Resort, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Erciyes Ski Resort are groomed daily.
(1) there is nowhere to ski when it is windy or visibility is bad and lifts often shut, (3) there are some trees for poor visibility but main lifts sometimes close, (5) Erciyes Ski Resort is mostly in forest where you can ski in flat-light and windy days, lifts rarely close.
Nearby options: 3.9
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Erciyes Ski Resort, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions.
Regional rating: 4.5
(1) Erciyes Ski Resort usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region.
Lift Staff: 4.4
(1) The staff at Erciyes Ski Resort are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Erciyes Ski Resort are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help.
(1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare.
Ski Schools: 4.2
(1) No ski schools available, (2) one or two ski schools but local language only, (3) a few ski schools but book early for multi-lingual instructors, (4) plenty of ski schools and multi-lingual instructors available, (5) excellent ski schools with friendly multi-lingual ski instructors.
Hire and Repairs: 4.4
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible.
Variety of pistes: 4.5
(1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Erciyes Ski Resort has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain.
(1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain.
(1) No intermediate terrain at Erciyes Ski Resort, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs.
(1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week.
Snow Park: 3.3
(1) Not even a kicker at Erciyes Ski Resort, (3) average sized park quite well looked after, (5) huge park area and expertly crafted pipes, jumps and boardercross trails.
(1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days.
(1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Erciyes Ski Resort, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails.
(1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Erciyes Ski Resort has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages.
Mountain Dining: 4.3
(1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets.
(1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants.
(1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere.
Other Sports: 3.8
(1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool.
(1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports.
Winter Walks: 3.9
(1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities.
Ski Pass Value: 4.5
(1) A 1 week ski pass is overpriced compared to the number of lifts available, (3) the ski pass is averagely priced and covers a reasonable number of lifts, (5) ski passes are excellent value for money and cover a lot of lifts spanning a big area.
Value (National): 4.5
(1) Overall, Erciyes Ski Resort is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country.
Value (Global): 4.5
(1) Overall, Erciyes Ski Resort is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money.
December 02, 2013
Oğuz Türkkan from Turkey
Mt Erciyes is going through a great project, called Master Plan and there has been minor problems as the project is still ongoing. Yet, this will carry the whole resort into the greatest level in Turkey.
There are 33 runs and 15 high end ski lifts currently and more and more is coming until the completion of the project.
There is currently a lack of accommodation but the resort is only 18-22 minutes away from the city center.
The best ski tracks for the best prices is still enough to declare this resort to be the most challenging one in Turkey.
February 02, 2013
Sadi Akel from Turkey
I read unfair and stupid comments about Erciyes. I think these jealous people are nouveaux riches with bad will.
Erciyes is not only one of the best skiing resort in Europe but also in the World. For exemple, it is better than Portillo in Chile. Erciyes has many chances than the other ones because it is a new skiing paradise. With its 3917 meter peak Erciyes looks like Zermatt and it is terrific.
It is cheap and easy to reach.
December 08, 2012
mmozbay from Turkey
New ski district is full of fun.
All brand new gondolas for 6 and all coverd cabins for 4, made by DoppelMayer.
See new ski map on photos.
April 05, 2012
can elmas from Turkey
Very close to town, served three times a day with municipality bus service. Easy to get to with car when road is not icy.
Latest developments have increased the skiabale domain, now there are three interconnected locations. Tekir the old resort, Hisarcık new resort with two chairs and two planned for 2013 and Hacılar with one cabin and one chair.
Wind is the worst thing in Erciyes, when present makes it difficult to run facilities in Tekir and Hisarcık, Hacılar is more protected on the North side of mountain so that gives alternative. Once connections are open it may be be largest skiable domain in Turkey.
Slopes at Tekir and Hisarcık are blue red, Hacılar also has sections of Red. But best part of Erciyes would be off-piste skiing between the lifts when the snow is fresh. Although wind sweeps many rocks and make off-piste a bit dangerous.
If planned lifts and pistes are open on 2013 season it may be worth going for few days, just make sure it is not a windy week.
March 27, 2011
Bozorgzadegan Amir from Iran
I heard about Erciyes ski resort in central Anatoli south of Kayseri with it's rapid developments going on..., couple of days ago when I was skiing with a TRT member in Palandoken, Erzurum.
He said Erciyes will have unbelievable 200 km tracks next year during its extensions!
To feel such a figure need to think about number of plough machines and the time needed to compact the resort each day!?
The Erciyes mt. is volcanic and more or less warm. and it means the snow won't be stable in some parts.
By the way, I hope to be able to ski there during next ski season, to describe what I see and feel in new developed Erciyes...
The positive point of this resort for Iranian, is available rail transportation between. although, it is a long way regarding time and distance. but anyway, it is fun for free time eagers like adventurous retires!
January 04, 2011
Skiararat.com from Turkey
skiararat.com - guided ski tours to Mt. Ararat and other peaks of Turkey
January 15, 2010
Oscar from Turkey
Unfortunately, Mt Erciyes is not a ski resort. It is just a disorderly slope covered with snow and open for bar-b-q activities, snow-mobile and sledge rides. The lifts are only to rid you of your money and once you pay you are on your own with no measures of security whatsoever. You can be hit by a snow-mobile, bump into a bar-b-q crowd and even be chased by wild dogs. Never visit Mt Erciyes for a ski trip. I especially warn you against the Zumrut lifts. These guys are only interested in getting your money out of your pocket. They do not think they have any responsibility for your time on the piste. With poor season and snow, I really think the pistes will be closed in a few years anyway. I just hope that time comes soon.
January 13, 2010
Saygın Yılmaz from Turkey
The resort at Mt Erciyes has a major problem. Snowmobiles are everywhere on slopes. One of our friends was hit by a snowmobile last Saturday leaving him with a broken leg. Anyone can drive a snowmobile thanks to rental shops in Erciyes. The worst part is that there is no emergency aid service in the mountain. We could hardly find a splint for our injured friend. Overall, the mountain is a nightmare that you wouldn't want to spend time on. Never, ever prefer Mt Erciyes.
January 08, 2008
alihan from Turkey
I love this Mount because this Mount has many pistes for skiing or snowboarding. If you love skiing you can visit this Mount. There are many hotels in Erciyes which are luxurious. I stayed in an ace Erciyes hotel. In this hotel all the workers are now English, German and Russian. All the workers were very helpful. If you want professional pistes, Erciyes has many pistes like that. Turkey is good and a very helpful country but when you go to Turkey you have one problem; many people don't speak English but all people want help us. My opinion is if you go to the Turkey you need to visit Erciyes...